Re: [NH] CSS QUERIE

  • ARTIS
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2002
      Thank you Grant, if the tbody is the way to go I'm onto it!! And thank you too
      John - more insites...

    • john041650
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2002
        Hi Artis,

        I used to use class tags in my individual TD elements, but changed
        to using DIVs instead to eliminate the clutter of excess code. For
        example, my tables used to look like this:

        With my stylesheet looking something like this:

        td.head2 {
        background: #d1d1ad;
        color: #000000;
        font-size: 12px
        }

        ********************************

        Now if I want all my information in the table to be formatted the
        same, I'll do this:

        With the stylesheet looking something like this:

        .head2 {
        background: #D1D1AD;
        color: #000000;
        font-size: 12px
        }

        Note that there are no carriage returns between the <TD> and </TD>
        tags, this eliminates the spaces you may be talking about..

        If my table has information in it that I want to format in different
        ways, and it usually does, I'll use contextual selectors in my
        stylesheet..

        Best Regards,

        John

        --- In ntb-html@y..., ARTIS <artis@a...> wrote:
        > Has anyone got some suggestions regarding the following style types
        for
        > CSS. They look just how I want them BUT, much of my work is within
        table
        > cells and if I use
        > "td class=head2" I have the space below that I haven't been able to
        > eliminate. If I use the body head (eg, body class="head2") with a
        > closing body tag within TD tags, it works fine, BUT html tidy wants
        > eliminate it. Is there a problem with that?
        > -----------------------------
        > body {font-family: verdana, arial, san-serif; font-size: 75%;}
        > td {font-family: verdana, arial, san-serif; font-size: 75%;}
        >
        > body.head1 {font-family: arial, garamond, arial, san-serif;
        font-size:
        > 150%;}
        > body.head2 {font-family: garamond, arial, san-serif; font-size:
        100%;}
        > td.head1 { font-family: garamond, arial, san-serif; font-size:
        150%;}
        > td.head2 { font-family: garamond, arial, san-serif; font-size:
        100%;}
      • hpaulissen
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 3, 2002
          Niam,

          You can set the style-attributes for your HTML-elements once...

          If you need to refer to certain classes, they can be called
          by .ClassName, they do not have to belong to a certain element. I'm
          not sure what you meant with the space below; I guess you can check
          for two things: the vertical alignment of your text is not identical
          for all your td's or there is some space because of the tr. What I
          regularly do is define a background color to a certain element or
          class, just to make clear what really is defined. When I'm finished I
          just remove (or change) the background-color.

          Please note: it should be sans-serif.

          Hope this helps you further,

          Hugo

          What follows is my proposal...

          <STYLE TYPE="text/css">
          <!--
          body {
          font-family: verdana, arial, sans-serif;
          font-size: 75%;
          }
          td {
          font-size: 75%;
          vertical-align : baseline;
          border: 1px solid black;
          }
          .head1 {
          font-family: arial, garamond, arial, sans-serif;
          font-size: 150%;
          background: gray;
          }
          .head2 {
          font-family: garamond, arial, sans-serif;
          font-size: 100%;
          background: yellow;
          }
          -->