[NH] Re: htmlib 4.0

  • Sanjay_Lulla@mail.bankone.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
      Thanks Bill and Ray.......that HTMLIB is really useful.....I always felt it hard
      to remember the syntax and the books kept getting out-dated with new tags coming
      along. I never knew something this user-friendly HTMLIB existed. (I am new to
      HTML game.)

      Thanks.

      Sanjay.
    • Raymond Fitzgerald
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
        You're welcome, Bill.

        >do you know if it will run on windows 98 and netscape com 4.7 ??
        >
        >it says 95 on the page but not sure how current the page is ??

        No, don't know, but I'm willing to bet it does. I do know HTMLib 3 runs fine
        on Win NT 4!

        Cheers,
        Ray
      • Bill Scott
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
          I get the following error

          LBBTN.OCX is missing or corrupt ...

          runtime error 13

          I have downloaded it in the past .... has anyone else saw this

          maybe I should go to bkcoder ... <g>

          Happy Stockdoggin ......

          Bill *||:>)

          Online Puppy Tutorial

          http://www.stockdogsaction.com/puppies.htm
        • Bill Scott
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
            Bill Scott wrote:
            I get the following error

            LBBTN.OCX is missing or corrupt ...

            runtime error 13

            I have downloaded it in the past .... has anyone else saw this
            Can someone download that file to me maybe that will solve the problem without

            getting a new copy .... ?? mailto:bscott@...

            maybe I should go to bkcoder ... <g>

            Happy Stockdoggin ......

            Bill   *||:>)

            Online Puppy Tutorial

            http://www.stockdogsaction.com/puppies.htm

            The only fruitcake at overstock.com is our manager.
            He’s giving away a $20 coupon, plus our everyday Free Shipping.
            Take advantage of the savings and selection now.
            http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/2134

            -- http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=ntb-html&m=1

          • Raymond Fitzgerald
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
              Hi Sanjay,

              >Thanks Bill and Ray.......that HTMLIB is really useful.....I always felt it
              hard
              >to remember the syntax and the books kept getting out-dated with new tags
              coming
              >along. I never knew something this user-friendly HTMLIB existed. (I am new
              >HTML game.)

              And you get to it with Ctrl+F11, right? That's the part I like best!

              Cheers,
              Ray
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
                Hi Bill,

                >> do you know if it will run on windows 98 and netscape com 4.7 ??
                >>
                >> it says 95 on the page but not sure how current the page is ??
                I can run 3 & (I think 4) on 98. 98 runs all 95 apps as far as I
                know. Same OS; just more features. (I'll check version 4 out
                later tonight when I get some time. The wife's ToDo list is
                burning a hole in my ears right now - the dog house is cold this
                time of year, ya know. ;)

                There is not that much difference in the code in 3 & 4. 3 is
                faster because it does not add all the multi-media junk. It is
                best for slower machines.

                I don't know what NS 4.7 Communictor would have to do with HTMLib
                Reference Library. I believe you need IE4 or 5 though to get it
                to work. I know ver 3 works with 98 for sure because that is what
                I have installed.

                > LBBTN.OCX is missing or corrupt ...
                > runtime error 13

                I do not have that. I suspect it is a VB file that would come in
                a package or a file that comes in IE4.

                http://www.sureword.com/notetab

                The NoteTab and Html List...
                mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
              • Bill Scott
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
                  Thanks Jody .... I was just hoping maybe someone might have the lbbtn.ocx
                  file so I did not have to download ie

                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
                    Hi Ray,

                    Might be i am missing something...but ctrl+F11 did not work for me. I get to it
                    from the win95 start menu or from a desktop shortcut.!

                    Does ctrl+F11 open the HTMLIB for you......?

                    Please let me know....

                    Thanks. Sanjay.

                    Raymond Fitzgerald <raymond.fitzgerald@...> on 12/15/99 10:41:38 AM

                    Please respond to ntb-html@egroups.com

                    To: "'ntb-html@egroups.com'" <ntb-html@egroups.com>
                    cc: (bcc: Sanjay Lulla/OH/BANCONE)
                    Subject: [NH] Re: htmlib 4.0

                    Hi Sanjay,

                    >Thanks Bill and Ray.......that HTMLIB is really useful.....I always felt it
                    hard
                    >to remember the syntax and the books kept getting out-dated with new tags
                    coming
                    >along. I never knew something this user-friendly HTMLIB existed. (I am new
                    >HTML game.)

                    And you get to it with Ctrl+F11, right? That's the part I like best!

                    Cheers,
                    Ray

                    Don?t have the time or patience to search for unique
                    products & services? Then click to let us find them for you.
                    You Request, We Respond. http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1957

                    eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-html/
                  • Ernie
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999

                      > Might be i am missing something...but ctrl+F11 did not work for me.

                      From the help file:

                      NoteTab makes the popular "The HTML Reference Library" (by Stephen Le
                      Hunte) available from the Help menu. If you have HTMLib version 3.0 or
                      older, you can install the package in the same directory as NoteTab.
                      Another method that works with all versions is to create a shortcut* to
                      the HTMLib.exe file in the NoteTab directory.

                      * to create the shortcut:
                      1. open Explorer and select the HTMLib file;
                      2. press Ctrl+C to copy it to the Clipboard;
                      3. select the NoteTab directory and choose the command "paste Shortcut"
                      from the Edit menu.

                      The menu command will be displayed in NoteTab after you restart it.
                      (in the help menu)
                    • Raymond Fitzgerald
                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
                        Hi Sanjay,

                        >Might be i am missing something...but ctrl+F11 did not work for me. I get
                        to it
                        >from the win95 start menu or from a desktop shortcut.!
                        >
                        >Does ctrl+F11 open the HTMLIB for you......?

                        Yes, it does, and you're gonna love doing it that way! Sorry, I wasn't
                        thinking that one usually needs to take one extra step after installing
                        HTMLib, as covered real well by Ernie. Let us know if you're not rockin'
                        soon!

                        Ray
                      • Pierre Johnson
                        Message 11 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
                          That's really cool. It will be a very useful feature, that I didn't see
                          documented before, though I used the HTML Libary often.

                          Pierre

                          > NoteTab makes the popular "The HTML Reference Library" (by Stephen Le
                          > Hunte) available from the Help menu.

                          Pierre Johnson
                          pwj@...
                          146, avenue Ledru-Rollin