[NH] Re: htmlib 4.0

  • Sanjay_Lulla@mail.bankone.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
      Thanks Bill and Ray.......that HTMLIB is really useful.....I always felt it hard
      to remember the syntax and the books kept getting out-dated with new tags coming
      along. I never knew something this user-friendly HTMLIB existed. (I am new to
      HTML game.)

      Thanks.

      Sanjay.
    • Bill Scott
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
        thanks Ray

        do you know if it will run on windows 98 and netscape com 4.7 ??

        it says 95 on the page but not sure how current the page is ??

        Happy Stockdoggin ......

        Bill *||:>)
        Online Puppy Tutorial

        http://www.stockdogsaction.com/puppies.htm
      • Raymond Fitzgerald
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
          You're welcome, Bill.

          >do you know if it will run on windows 98 and netscape com 4.7 ??
          >
          >it says 95 on the page but not sure how current the page is ??

          No, don't know, but I'm willing to bet it does. I do know HTMLib 3 runs fine
          on Win NT 4!

          Cheers,
          Ray
        • Bill Scott
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
            I get the following error

            LBBTN.OCX is missing or corrupt ...

            runtime error 13

            I have downloaded it in the past .... has anyone else saw this

            maybe I should go to bkcoder ... <g>

            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
              Bill Scott wrote:
              I get the following error

              LBBTN.OCX is missing or corrupt ...

              runtime error 13

              I have downloaded it in the past .... has anyone else saw this
              Can someone download that file to me maybe that will solve the problem without

              getting a new copy .... ?? mailto:bscott@...

              maybe I should go to bkcoder ... <g>

              Happy Stockdoggin ......

              Bill   *||:>)

              Online Puppy Tutorial

              http://www.stockdogsaction.com/puppies.htm

              The only fruitcake at overstock.com is our manager.
              He’s giving away a $20 coupon, plus our everyday Free Shipping.
              Take advantage of the savings and selection now.
              http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/2134

              -- http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=ntb-html&m=1

            • Raymond Fitzgerald
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
                Hi Sanjay,

                >Thanks Bill and Ray.......that HTMLIB is really useful.....I always felt it
                hard
                >to remember the syntax and the books kept getting out-dated with new tags
                coming
                >along. I never knew something this user-friendly HTMLIB existed. (I am new
                >HTML game.)

                And you get to it with Ctrl+F11, right? That's the part I like best!

                Cheers,
                Ray
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
                  Hi Bill,

                  >> do you know if it will run on windows 98 and netscape com 4.7 ??
                  >>
                  >> it says 95 on the page but not sure how current the page is ??
                  I can run 3 & (I think 4) on 98. 98 runs all 95 apps as far as I
                  know. Same OS; just more features. (I'll check version 4 out
                  later tonight when I get some time. The wife's ToDo list is
                  burning a hole in my ears right now - the dog house is cold this
                  time of year, ya know. ;)

                  There is not that much difference in the code in 3 & 4. 3 is
                  faster because it does not add all the multi-media junk. It is
                  best for slower machines.

                  I don't know what NS 4.7 Communictor would have to do with HTMLib
                  Reference Library. I believe you need IE4 or 5 though to get it
                  to work. I know ver 3 works with 98 for sure because that is what
                  I have installed.

                  > LBBTN.OCX is missing or corrupt ...
                  > runtime error 13

                  I do not have that. I suspect it is a VB file that would come in
                  a package or a file that comes in IE4.

                  http://www.sureword.com/notetab

                  The NoteTab and Html List...
                  mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
                • Bill Scott
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
                    Thanks Jody .... I was just hoping maybe someone might have the lbbtn.ocx
                    file so I did not have to download ie

                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
                      Hi Ray,

                      Might be i am missing something...but ctrl+F11 did not work for me. I get to it
                      from the win95 start menu or from a desktop shortcut.!

                      Does ctrl+F11 open the HTMLIB for you......?

                      Please let me know....

                      Thanks. Sanjay.

                      Raymond Fitzgerald <raymond.fitzgerald@...> on 12/15/99 10:41:38 AM

                      Please respond to ntb-html@egroups.com

                      To: "'ntb-html@egroups.com'" <ntb-html@egroups.com>
                      cc: (bcc: Sanjay Lulla/OH/BANCONE)
                      Subject: [NH] Re: htmlib 4.0

                      Hi Sanjay,

                      >Thanks Bill and Ray.......that HTMLIB is really useful.....I always felt it
                      hard
                      >to remember the syntax and the books kept getting out-dated with new tags
                      coming
                      >along. I never knew something this user-friendly HTMLIB existed. (I am new
                      >HTML game.)

                      And you get to it with Ctrl+F11, right? That's the part I like best!

                      Cheers,
                      Ray

                      Don?t have the time or patience to search for unique
                      products & services? Then click to let us find them for you.
                      You Request, We Respond. http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1957

                      eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-html/
                    • Ernie
                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999

                        > Might be i am missing something...but ctrl+F11 did not work for me.

                        From the help file:

                        NoteTab makes the popular "The HTML Reference Library" (by Stephen Le
                        Hunte) available from the Help menu. If you have HTMLib version 3.0 or
                        older, you can install the package in the same directory as NoteTab.
                        Another method that works with all versions is to create a shortcut* to
                        the HTMLib.exe file in the NoteTab directory.

                        * to create the shortcut:
                        1. open Explorer and select the HTMLib file;
                        2. press Ctrl+C to copy it to the Clipboard;
                        3. select the NoteTab directory and choose the command "paste Shortcut"
                        from the Edit menu.

                        The menu command will be displayed in NoteTab after you restart it.
                        (in the help menu)
                      • Raymond Fitzgerald
                        Message 11 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
                          Hi Sanjay,

                          >Might be i am missing something...but ctrl+F11 did not work for me. I get
                          to it
                          >from the win95 start menu or from a desktop shortcut.!
                          >
                          >Does ctrl+F11 open the HTMLIB for you......?

                          Yes, it does, and you're gonna love doing it that way! Sorry, I wasn't
                          thinking that one usually needs to take one extra step after installing
                          HTMLib, as covered real well by Ernie. Let us know if you're not rockin'
                          soon!

                          Ray
                        • Pierre Johnson
                          Message 12 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
                            That's really cool. It will be a very useful feature, that I didn't see
                            documented before, though I used the HTML Libary often.

                            Pierre

                            > NoteTab makes the popular "The HTML Reference Library" (by Stephen Le
                            > Hunte) available from the Help menu.

                            Pierre Johnson
                            pwj@...
                            146, avenue Ledru-Rollin