Re: [NH] Problem resolved---thanks Martyn!

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2002
      Hi MCMAIER,

      > Now, how did this ever get "undone", or, how was I ever able to
      > use the Ntb browser button all these years if this .exe was
      > never put there? This is the second incidence I have had where
      > somehow, things got mysteriously "undone" in IE. I think
      > there is a ghost in my 'puter!

      It may have never been done. When everything is functioning
      properly the Windows' default browser should be used if the field
      is left blank. When you added the path to IE in as your main
      browser you forced NoteTab to use it instead. I seems like
      something got hosed in your registry for IE, your default
      browser, or some other place pertaining to it.

      You can possibly fix it by having another browser take over as
      your default browser. (In IE check the box at the bottom of the
      programs tab to always check to see if IE is the current default
      browser.) I would reboot after changing your default browser.
      Start IE again and when the question is asked to make it the
      default browser choose yes. That is all assuming your registry
      is a bit hosed. Sometime reinstalling IE will fix if that is
      the case.

      You can pretty much rule out NoteTab if you install into new
      location and have the same problem with no browser in the Main
      Browser field under Internet.

      http://www.notetab.net

      Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options