Problem resolved---thanks Martyn!

  • MCMAIER
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2002
      THANK YOU-THANK YOU-THANK YOU Martyn!!!! You were right on the money. I
      opened IE.exe in the browser window in the NTB Internet tab as you
      suggested. Viola! The pages opened once again. Now, how did this ever get
      "undone", or, how was I ever able to use the Ntb browser button all these
      years if this .exe was never put there? This is the second incidence I have
      had where somehow, things got mysteriously "undone" in IE. I think there
      is a ghost in my 'puter!
      I appreciate your input so much--I can get back to my web pages-- you got me
      "connected" again. Thanks for the help.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 5, 2002
        Hi MCMAIER,

        > Now, how did this ever get "undone", or, how was I ever able to
        > use the Ntb browser button all these years if this .exe was
        > never put there? This is the second incidence I have had where
        > somehow, things got mysteriously "undone" in IE. I think
        > there is a ghost in my 'puter!

        It may have never been done. When everything is functioning
        properly the Windows' default browser should be used if the field
        is left blank. When you added the path to IE in as your main
        browser you forced NoteTab to use it instead. I seems like
        something got hosed in your registry for IE, your default
        browser, or some other place pertaining to it.

        You can possibly fix it by having another browser take over as
        your default browser. (In IE check the box at the bottom of the
        programs tab to always check to see if IE is the current default
        browser.) I would reboot after changing your default browser.
        Start IE again and when the question is asked to make it the
        default browser choose yes. That is all assuming your registry
        is a bit hosed. Sometime reinstalling IE will fix if that is
        the case.

        You can pretty much rule out NoteTab if you install into new
        location and have the same problem with no browser in the Main
        Browser field under Internet.

        http://www.notetab.net

        Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options