Still can't open NTB files..

  • MCMAIER
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 5, 2002
      I'm at a loss here and need know how to determine if the problem resides in NTB or IE.

      I can open the NTB program, the file tabs are right in front of me, but clicking on the browser button still brings up the ERROR: "C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\" not found., and the files cannot be opened in the browser. The NTB program IS there.

      I am able to see web pages on the net, so the IE browser (IE 5.5) is functioning. So, how do I check to see if the problem not an IE issue, but something that needs to be fixed in settings somewhere in NTB?

      I ran an IE "repair" and rebooted. I still cannot open the files from the browser button in NTB.

      The only way I can see a file is by opening it directly in IE, browsing to find the file to open, and can read the code from View>Source. So, if I can read it from here, why can't I see the file opened directly from the browser button in NTB?

      I trying to eliminate unwanted image files, and need to see images on the web page as well as the code. Would appreciate some help here, please. Many thanks.

    • Martyn Folkes
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 5, 2002
        You could try putting C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Iexplore.exe (or
        your equivalent) into the Main Browser box in the Internet section of
        NoteTab's options panel.

        Also, your error message -- "C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\" not found --
        does not indicate a file, but a folder. Perhaps there lies your problem (but
        I don't know how).

        Martyn

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 5, 2002
          Hi MCMAIER,

          The easiest way to eliminate NoteTab (your copy) of being the
          problem is install a new copy to a different location and see
          what happens. If that works, you might check Options under the
          Internet tab in your current installation to see how you have the
          main and other browsers configured. If you do not have IE in the
          Main Browser filed, try doing so. you might try a new ini file
          also for your current copy.

          If you want to create a new ini file, close NoteTab and rename
          NotePro.ini found in its main folder (NoteTab.ini for Std/Light).
          Start up NoteTab and it will use its default settings actually
          creating the ini file when you shut down NoteTab. Start up
          NoteTab and it will use its default settings making a new INI
          file on shutdown. If the new one does not help, you can close
          NoteTab, delete the new, and rename the old back to what it was.

          Perhaps you have a registry problem and need to reinstall IE if
          you have not done so yet.

          Also, see what happens with your other browsers if you have any
          installed.

          >I can open the NTB program, the file tabs are right in front of
          >me, but clicking on the browser button still brings up the ERROR:
          >"C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\" not found., and the files cannot
          >be opened in the browser. The NTB program IS there.
          >
          >I am able to see web pages on the net, so the IE browser (IE 5.5)
          >is functioning. So, how do I check to see if the problem not an
          >IE issue, but something that needs to be fixed in settings
          >somewhere in NTB?
          >
          >I ran an IE "repair" and rebooted. I still cannot open the files
          >from the browser button in NTB.

          http://www.notetab.net

          Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options