[NH] Re: htmlib 4.0

  • Raymond Fitzgerald
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
      Hi Bill,

      >Can someone tell where to get a copy of HTMLib 4.0 the one I have is
      >corrupt
      >and I cannot remember where I got it ....

      http://www.htmlib.com/

      Cheers,
      Ray
    • Sanjay_Lulla@mail.bankone.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
        Thanks Bill and Ray.......that HTMLIB is really useful.....I always felt it hard
        to remember the syntax and the books kept getting out-dated with new tags coming
        along. I never knew something this user-friendly HTMLIB existed. (I am new to
        HTML game.)

        Thanks.

        Sanjay.
      • Bill Scott
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
          thanks Ray

          do you know if it will run on windows 98 and netscape com 4.7 ??

          it says 95 on the page but not sure how current the page is ??

          Happy Stockdoggin ......

          Bill *||:>)
          Online Puppy Tutorial

          http://www.stockdogsaction.com/puppies.htm
        • Raymond Fitzgerald
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
            You're welcome, Bill.

            >do you know if it will run on windows 98 and netscape com 4.7 ??
            >
            >it says 95 on the page but not sure how current the page is ??

            No, don't know, but I'm willing to bet it does. I do know HTMLib 3 runs fine
            on Win NT 4!

            Cheers,
            Ray
          • Bill Scott
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
              I get the following error

              LBBTN.OCX is missing or corrupt ...

              runtime error 13

              I have downloaded it in the past .... has anyone else saw this

              maybe I should go to bkcoder ... <g>

              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
                Bill Scott wrote:
                I get the following error

                LBBTN.OCX is missing or corrupt ...

                runtime error 13

                I have downloaded it in the past .... has anyone else saw this
                Can someone download that file to me maybe that will solve the problem without

                getting a new copy .... ?? mailto:bscott@...

                maybe I should go to bkcoder ... <g>

                Happy Stockdoggin ......

                Bill   *||:>)

                Online Puppy Tutorial

                http://www.stockdogsaction.com/puppies.htm

                The only fruitcake at overstock.com is our manager.
                He’s giving away a $20 coupon, plus our everyday Free Shipping.
                Take advantage of the savings and selection now.
                http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/2134

                -- http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=ntb-html&m=1

              • Raymond Fitzgerald
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
                  Hi Sanjay,

                  >Thanks Bill and Ray.......that HTMLIB is really useful.....I always felt it
                  hard
                  >to remember the syntax and the books kept getting out-dated with new tags
                  coming
                  >along. I never knew something this user-friendly HTMLIB existed. (I am new
                  >HTML game.)

                  And you get to it with Ctrl+F11, right? That's the part I like best!

                  Cheers,
                  Ray
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
                    Hi Bill,

                    >> do you know if it will run on windows 98 and netscape com 4.7 ??
                    >>
                    >> it says 95 on the page but not sure how current the page is ??
                    I can run 3 & (I think 4) on 98. 98 runs all 95 apps as far as I
                    know. Same OS; just more features. (I'll check version 4 out
                    later tonight when I get some time. The wife's ToDo list is
                    burning a hole in my ears right now - the dog house is cold this
                    time of year, ya know. ;)

                    There is not that much difference in the code in 3 & 4. 3 is
                    faster because it does not add all the multi-media junk. It is
                    best for slower machines.

                    I don't know what NS 4.7 Communictor would have to do with HTMLib
                    Reference Library. I believe you need IE4 or 5 though to get it
                    to work. I know ver 3 works with 98 for sure because that is what
                    I have installed.

                    > LBBTN.OCX is missing or corrupt ...
                    > runtime error 13

                    I do not have that. I suspect it is a VB file that would come in
                    a package or a file that comes in IE4.

                    http://www.sureword.com/notetab

                    The NoteTab and Html List...
                    mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
                  • Bill Scott
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
                      Thanks Jody .... I was just hoping maybe someone might have the lbbtn.ocx
                      file so I did not have to download ie

                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
                        Hi Ray,

                        Might be i am missing something...but ctrl+F11 did not work for me. I get to it
                        from the win95 start menu or from a desktop shortcut.!

                        Does ctrl+F11 open the HTMLIB for you......?

                        Please let me know....

                        Thanks. Sanjay.

                        Raymond Fitzgerald <raymond.fitzgerald@...> on 12/15/99 10:41:38 AM

                        Please respond to ntb-html@egroups.com

                        To: "'ntb-html@egroups.com'" <ntb-html@egroups.com>
                        cc: (bcc: Sanjay Lulla/OH/BANCONE)
                        Subject: [NH] Re: htmlib 4.0

                        Hi Sanjay,

                        >Thanks Bill and Ray.......that HTMLIB is really useful.....I always felt it
                        hard
                        >to remember the syntax and the books kept getting out-dated with new tags
                        coming
                        >along. I never knew something this user-friendly HTMLIB existed. (I am new
                        >HTML game.)

                        And you get to it with Ctrl+F11, right? That's the part I like best!

                        Cheers,
                        Ray

                        Don?t have the time or patience to search for unique
                        products & services? Then click to let us find them for you.
                        You Request, We Respond. http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1957

                        eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-html/
                      • Ernie
                        Message 11 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999

                          > Might be i am missing something...but ctrl+F11 did not work for me.

                          From the help file:

                          NoteTab makes the popular "The HTML Reference Library" (by Stephen Le
                          Hunte) available from the Help menu. If you have HTMLib version 3.0 or
                          older, you can install the package in the same directory as NoteTab.
                          Another method that works with all versions is to create a shortcut* to
                          the HTMLib.exe file in the NoteTab directory.

                          * to create the shortcut:
                          1. open Explorer and select the HTMLib file;
                          2. press Ctrl+C to copy it to the Clipboard;
                          3. select the NoteTab directory and choose the command "paste Shortcut"
                          from the Edit menu.

                          The menu command will be displayed in NoteTab after you restart it.
                          (in the help menu)
                        • Raymond Fitzgerald
                          Message 12 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
                            Hi Sanjay,

                            >Might be i am missing something...but ctrl+F11 did not work for me. I get
                            to it
                            >from the win95 start menu or from a desktop shortcut.!
                            >
                            >Does ctrl+F11 open the HTMLIB for you......?

                            Yes, it does, and you're gonna love doing it that way! Sorry, I wasn't
                            thinking that one usually needs to take one extra step after installing
                            HTMLib, as covered real well by Ernie. Let us know if you're not rockin'
                            soon!

                            Ray
                          • Pierre Johnson
                            Message 13 of 13 , Dec 15, 1999
                              That's really cool. It will be a very useful feature, that I didn't see
                              documented before, though I used the HTML Libary often.

                              Pierre

                              > NoteTab makes the popular "The HTML Reference Library" (by Stephen Le
                              > Hunte) available from the Help menu.

                              Pierre Johnson
                              pwj@...
                              146, avenue Ledru-Rollin