Help. Can't open NTB..............

  • MCMAIER
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2002
      Thinking I might upgrade to NTB 4.86c, I went through all the tabs and menu items and recorded what I have now. I only changed 1 thing--took off the splash page. I checked out NTB site to see what was new. The 3 sites for downloading did not specify where they were, so I clicked on the first one hopefully looking for its location. Up came the download dialogue box, and not being ready for that, I cancelled.

      Don't know what happened, but now my ntb files open fine (sans splash page), all the files I'm working on are right in my face and I can click from one to the other. However, clicking on the browser button to any of them brings up an "ERROR: File "C:|Program FIles\Note Tab Pro\" not found.

      Well, the program is nicely right there. I just can't open it. There's an IE "repair" something that I used sometime ago, and I don't remember where I activated it. Hope you can and offer suggestions to get my files open again. Many thanks.........................MM

    • hpaulissen
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2002
        Hi MM

        >The 3 sites for downloading did not specify where they were, so I
        clicked on the first one hopefully looking for its location.

        If you use IE and have the statusbar available, you can see the full
        URL of the link appear in the statusbar (bottomleft of your screen).

        > Don't know what happened, but now my ntb files open fine (sans
        splash page), all the files I'm working on are right in my face and I
        can click from one to the other. However, clicking on the browser
        button to any of them brings up an "ERROR: File "C:|Program
        FIles\Note Tab Pro\" not found.

        > Well, the program is nicely right there. I just can't open it.
        There's an IE "repair" something that I used sometime ago, and I
        don't remember where I activated it. Hope you can and offer
        suggestions to get my files open again. Many

        I doubt whether the halted download has to do with it. You didn't
        really save it, right? And IF you would have saved it to your disk,
        it still wouldn't be the program itself. You first have to unwrap the
        file that you download, so that the existence of un upgradeable
        program can be checked. But looking at your path, I would suggest to
        strip the space between Note and Tab and correct the | into \ (by
        default it is installed to C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro)

        HTH,

        Hugo