RE: MS Word 2000 to HTML

  • Jonathan Woodbridge
    Message 1 of 31 , Jan 3, 2002
      > I just remembered this online tool. I've heard good things about it so
      > maybe someone can find use for it. Nice site anyway.

      > http://www.textism.com/resources/cleanwordhtml/

      He's also releasing the php source code for this elsewhere on the site (nice
      tip: thanks) and there's another word to html cleaner, which is a word macro
      and supposedly translates to css:

      http://www.geocities.com/w2css/#about

      "The new version now includes translation of Word tables, creation of
      character level styles, creation of hyperlinked Tables of Contents from Word
      ’s TOC fields, and handling embedded and linked objects. The program is
      shareware, but is not time-limited. Instead you get use of a limited feature
      set until you register."

      downloaded it, but haven't tried it yet (like so much else!)

      Jonathan
    • john041650
      Message 31 of 31 , Jan 5, 2002
        FWIW there's some new developments with Tidy at the following
        link... I haven't had time to sift through it yet..

        http://tidy.sourceforge.net/

        John