[NH] htmlib 4.0

  • Bill Scott
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 15, 1999
      Hi All:

      Can someone tell where to get a copy of HTMLib 4.0 the one I have is
      corrupt
      and I cannot remember where I got it ....

      Happy Stockdoggin ......

      Bill *||:>)

      Online Puppy Tutorial

      http://www.stockdogsaction.com/puppies.htm
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 15, 1999
        Hi Bill,

        > Can someone tell where to get a copy of HTMLib 4.0 the one I
        > have is corrupt and I cannot remember where I got it ....

        Version 4
        http://www.htmlib.com/
        ftp://ftp.clara.net/win95/internet/html/hlbsetup.exe

        Version 3
        http://www.hooked.net/~tails/htmlib/

        There is a link to BK Color Coder on my NoteTab Enhancement
        page which you can try out to replace the one that comes with,
        hmm, I forget - hahaha. ColWiz.exe is the name of the color
        picker though. Anyway, I prefer BKCoder much better.

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab/html/addons.html

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab and Html List...
        mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
      • Pierre Johnson
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 16, 1999
          Hi,

          Refering to the ongoing discussion on HTML Lib versions 3 and
          4. I just installed HTML Lib 4.0 in the Note Tab directory. Up to now
          I had HTML Lib 3.0. The installation of version 4 didn't erase version
          3, as the files are different: v 3 uses a .hlp file, and v 4 a .exe file.
          This explains that in Note Tab, you can only see version 3 in the
          help menu. Or has someone found a way to launch version 4
          through this menu ?
          Pierre Johnson
          pwj@...
          146, avenue Ledru-Rollin
          75011 Paris, France
          tel : 33 (0)1 4356 0194
          http://www.multimania.com/pwj
        • Kay Roath
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 16, 1999
            12/16/1999 12:56 AM Pierre Johnson wrote

            > Refering to the ongoing discussion on HTML Lib versions 3 and
            > 4. I just installed HTML Lib 4.0 in the Note Tab directory. Up to now
            > I had HTML Lib 3.0. The installation of version 4 didn't erase version
            > 3, as the files are different: v 3 uses a .hlp file, and v 4 a .exe file.
            > This explains that in Note Tab, you can only see version 3 in the
            > help menu. Or has someone found a way to launch version 4
            > through this menu ?

            Installed 4 today & put a shortcut in my NoteTab dir pointing to
            HTMLib.exe - works fine.

            Apparently, NoteTab looks for any shortcut in the NoteTab dir that
            contains 'HTMLib' as part of the name. It will grab the first
            one it finds & doesn't care where it points. Basically, you can
            use a shortcut to anything as long as you get the name right &
            remember that the HTMLib menu item points to something other than
            HTMLib :)

            --- Grandma Kay ---
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 16, 1999
              Hi Kay,

              > Apparently, NoteTab looks for any shortcut in the NoteTab dir
              > that contains 'HTMLib' as part of the name. It will grab the
              > first one it finds & doesn't care where it points. Basically,
              > you can use a shortcut to anything as long as you get the name
              > right & remember that the HTMLib menu item points to something
              > other than HTMLib :)

              Obviously one cannot fit both versions in Ctrl+Fll. <g> This is
              from one of my posts from a year or two ago. (You can also fake
              NoteTab out and use a different color picker also as I mentioned
              at the begining of this thread - I prefer BK Colour Coder.)

              How to setup HTMLib.

              From Eric's help:

              (* to create the shortcut: 1. open Explorer and select the HTMLib
              file; 2. press Ctrl+C to copy it to the Clipboard; 3. select the
              NoteTab directory and choose the command "paste Shortcut" from
              the Edit menu. The menu command will be displayed in NoteTab
              after you restart it.)

              The name of the shortcuts in the NoteTab folder are:

              For Version 3 HTMLib
              Htmlib95.hlp

              For Version 4 HTMLib
              HTMLib.exe

              That is the last window before selecting OK in the shortcut
              dialog and is also the name of the file that the shortcut must
              point to. (Your paths of course.)

              For Version 3 HTMLib
              Target: C:\NTB450\HTMLib\Htmlib95.hlp
              Start in: C:\NTB450\HTMLib

              For Version 4 HTMLib
              Target: C:\Program Files\HTMLib.exe
              Start In: C:\Program Files\HTMLib

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 16, 1999
                12/16/1999 9:01 AM Jody wrote
                > The name of the shortcuts in the NoteTab folder are:
                > For Version 3 HTMLib
                > Htmlib95.hlp

                > For Version 4 HTMLib
                > HTMLib.exe

                > That is the last window before selecting OK in the shortcut
                > dialog and is also the name of the file that the shortcut must
                > point to. (Your paths of course.)

                I'm working on a NoteTab keyboard shortcut reference in Delphi
                called NoteCut.exe. I put a shortcut in the NoteTab folder
                named 'NoteCut HTMLib' & pointing to NoteCut.exe. I get the
                HTMLib menu item & it runs NoteCut.exe. Seems the only
                important part in the shortcut name is HTMLib. With 2 shorcuts
                containing that text, NoteTab executes the earliest one.

                --- Grandma Kay ---
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 16, 1999
                  Hi Kay,

                  >> The name of the shortcuts in the NoteTab folder are:
                  >> For Version 3 HTMLib
                  >> Htmlib95.hlp
                  >
                  >> For Version 4 HTMLib
                  >> HTMLib.exe

                  > Seems the only important part in the shortcut name is HTMLib.
                  > With 2 shorcuts containing that text, NoteTab executes the
                  > earliest one.

                  True as I said before. I just posted the way it had to be
                  before. Actually, as you found out, one can put any program
                  there as long as the shortcut name is what NoteTab is looking
                  for. That is how I have always done BK Colour Coder. Did I
                  mention is what my preference? <bg>