MS Word 2000 to HTML

  • donstrack
    Message 1 of 31 , Dec 28, 2001
      I have been using Word 97 to originate my documents, then save them
      as HTML, and clean them up with NoteTab.

      I have started to use Word 2000, but the new "Save to Web Page" adds
      a whole bunch of extra tags and styles. One example is that I use a
      style in Word 97 for H3 and H4 that saves great as HTML. But in Word
      2000, it is coded as an P class=H3 and P class=H4.

      I have been teaching myself clip progamming, and I think I can write
      something that will clean up the mess that Word leaves behind. My
      main question is can I do a "search and replace" with a clip that
      will convert the <p class=H3></p> tag set to a standard <h3></h3>
      set, with some sort of wildcard between the <> and </>? I don't mind
      doing a series of simple search and replace actions, but it would be
      nice to automate it somehow.

      I have the same thing with the standard <p> set, which Word creates
      as a <p class=mso.normal> set, along with the standard <li> set that
      Word adds all kinds of extra stuff to.

      Don Strack
    • john041650
      Message 31 of 31 , Jan 5, 2002
        FWIW there's some new developments with Tidy at the following
        link... I haven't had time to sift through it yet..

        http://tidy.sourceforge.net/

        John