Re: [NH] Re: HTML Question - Important & Urgent

  • Stephen Riddle
    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 18, 2001
      Hi Adam,
      I'm not offended (and thought it was cute), and yes you did.
      I also did not mean to pick on you, but I had deleted the other response
      and could not remember who it was.
      Take care,
      Stephen

      Adam Weston wrote:

      > Mr. Riddle:
      > Did I not give some input on her problem?
      > BTW no offense intended with the play on your name, it was just a joke...

    • hpaulissen
      Message 2 of 19 , Dec 19, 2001
        > I also did not mean to pick on you, but I had deleted the other
        response
        > and could not remember who it was.

        So you meant to pick on me? <g>
        I actually have something working in ASP, but Sharon indicated that
        she couldn't use that. When I was looking for more information on
        what she was trying to do, I felt I was not going to waste my time
        helping to set up a pyramid-game.

        The ASP-solution works for me; the input from the form is used to 1.
        write a confirmation page and 2. send an email.

        For whom is interested, I use the aspsmartmail-component to send the
        email http://www.aspSmart.com

        Hugo
      • Don Passenger
        Message 3 of 19 , Dec 19, 2001
          you need to ask if frontpage extensions are enables and you need to have
          frontpage

          I personally don't like frontpage and would do it with a perl script using
          cgi, but then that's just me

          --
          Don Passenger
          mailto:dpasseng@...
          Message 4 of 19 , Dec 19, 2001
            Can you do it for me.. ? I can pay you if you can do
            it by tommorow...
            Thanks.

            Message 5 of 19 , Dec 19, 2001
              Hi Hugo, Stephen, Sharon, and Others...

              (Sharon, the list does not accept attachments. I think you may
              have a feature checked to put text and HTML files into the body
              of the message. I do not think yahoo.groups does it, at least
              they did not last time I checked. Also, please remove all the
              extra text from your posts that is not needed to understand your
              reply - thanks!)

              Thanks for all your comments and help for Sharon! You all are
              entitled to think and post what you want about the issue of HTML
              and the pyramid (or network if you prefer) of course.

              List info and contents / purpose of web sites / pages:
              FWIW, I agree with Stephen's remark about the question being to
              help with HTML as it is. The web page content is a personal
              call/judgment for each of us in what we do or do not want to do
              or think. As Stephen mentioned, the question was HTML and the
              way I saw it. Sharon posted the code (at least that is what I
              received since I have HTML turned off at yahoo.groups) as we
              often ask people to do. However, please keep the thread to help
              with HTML and preferably (when it applies) to NoteTab so that we
              do not start *discussing* other programs which has not happened
              yet. We hope discussion of other programs will not start and do
              note I wrote "discussion" and mentioning other software at all. ;)
              TIA!

              http://www.notetab.net

              Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
            • Stephen Riddle
              Message 6 of 19 , Dec 19, 2001
                Hi Hugo,

                hpaulissen wrote:

                > > I also did not mean to pick on you, but I had deleted the other
                > response
                > > and could not remember who it was.
                >
                > So you meant to pick on me? <g>

                Oh yeah, ok, <bigHugeFrown>consider yourself picked on.</bigHugeFrown>

                > I actually have something working in ASP, but Sharon indicated that
                > she couldn't use that. When I was looking for more information on
                > what she was trying to do, I felt I was not going to waste my time
                > helping to set up a pyramid-game.
                >
                > The ASP-solution works for me; the input from the form is used to 1.
                > write a confirmation page and 2. send an email.
                >
                > For whom is interested, I use the aspsmartmail-component to send the
                > email http://www.aspSmart.com

                That's pretty good.

                I could not figure out a good way to do it with JavaScript, the
                form.submit() function just does not work. It only does one thing at a
                time, not two at once.

                Also formMail.pl only sends eMails, it will not send her information to
                the asp page.

                If she had access to the server, she could install another cgi script,
                but she does not, so I wrote her and told her she would probably have to
                pick one or the other action.
                (html can't do ALL things.)
                Oh Well,
                Take care,