Re: [NH] Smilie in HTML

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 13, 2001
      Hi abhilashthomas,

      >How do I display a smilie in HTML? Is it necessary to have an image
      >file for this?
      >
      >The symbol :=) is not OK. I like the full circle for face ...

      Right click over one and choose the equivalent of save image:

      http://www.notetab.net/html/howupdate.htm

      http://www.notetab.net

      The NoteTab and Html List...
    • Adam Weston
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 13, 2001

        If the above HTML gets scrambled, basically the character "J" in Wingdings
        font is a smilie.

        .~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.
        : Adam Weston :
        : adam_weston@... :

      • Greg Chapman
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 14, 2001

          > If the above HTML gets scrambled, basically the character "J" in
          > Wingdings font is a smilie.

          Fine for those viewing on Windows platforms, but likely to stay as a "J" on
          Unix, Linux, Macintoshes and any other type of machine.

          You will need a graphic to be reliable. As Jody suggests, find a free one
          you like and use that.

          Greg