Smilie in HTML

  • abhilashthomas
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 13, 2001
      How do I display a smilie in HTML? Is it necessary to have an image
      file for this?

      The symbol :=) is not OK. I like the full circle for face ...
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 13, 2001
        Hi abhilashthomas,

        >How do I display a smilie in HTML? Is it necessary to have an image
        >file for this?
        >
        >The symbol :=) is not OK. I like the full circle for face ...

        Right click over one and choose the equivalent of save image:

        http://www.notetab.net/html/howupdate.htm

        http://www.notetab.net

        The NoteTab and Html List...
      • Adam Weston
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 13, 2001

          If the above HTML gets scrambled, basically the character "J" in Wingdings
          font is a smilie.

          .~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.
          : Adam Weston :
          : adam_weston@... :

        • Greg Chapman
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 14, 2001

            > If the above HTML gets scrambled, basically the character "J" in
            > Wingdings font is a smilie.

            Fine for those viewing on Windows platforms, but likely to stay as a "J" on
            Unix, Linux, Macintoshes and any other type of machine.

            You will need a graphic to be reliable. As Jody suggests, find a free one
            you like and use that.

            Greg