Re: [NH] How do I get an image to float down the screen with the page ??

  • Bill Scott
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 11, 2001
      Hi All:
      Long time no ... burp .... been here ... *||:^)

      Thanks Stephen that was what I was looking for just busy ... busy

      Bill Scott
      Scott Enterprises
      http://www.domainsnregistry.com
    • Bill Scott
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 11, 2001
        I have a website called domainsnregistry.com on a unix server and
        I keep getting emails from merchants using my domainname and
        then users I do not know .... like ashleys@...
        does anyone know how this is done and how to stop it ???

        Bill Scott
      • Bill Hartley
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 11, 2001
          Ask your hosting company....they all have different set-ups. I have been on
          about 10 different servers over time...and their interfaces and options are
          all different. If you get your mail on a remote site...go into your email
          client and set message rules. You just have a domain name that is one that
          people would use all of the time accidently.

          Bill

          I have a website called domainsnregistry.com on a unix server and
          I keep getting emails from merchants using my domainname and
          then users I do not know .... like ashleys@...
          does anyone know how this is done and how to stop it ???

          Bill Scott

          Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
          Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!
          Click Here - Only 1 Day Left!
          http://us.click.yahoo.com/75YKVC/7.PDAA/ySSFAA/CefplB/TM

          .

        • Jim Hall
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 11, 2001
            Bill,

            At 06:34 PM 12/11/01 -0700, you wrote:
            >I have a website called domainsnregistry.com on a unix server and
            >I keep getting emails from merchants using my domainname and
            >then users I do not know .... like ashleys@...
            >does anyone know how this is done and how to stop it ???

            You need to go into your WebSite control panel/email setup and check out
            your setup criteria.

            If ashleys@... is getting through to you, then
            santaclause@... will too.

            Email advertisers know this and send stuff to anyname@....

            For 90% of the Web Sites, this stuff gets through to someone.

            The other 10% don't accept it or dump it off into a mailbox that gets full
            and starts bouncing all incoming mail.

            You can specify what is to be done with email addresses that don't meet
            your criteria.

            Regards,

            Jim
          • Piotr Bienkowski
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 11, 2001
              On 11 Dec 2001 at 17:14, Bill Scott wrote:

              > I have a website called domainsnregistry.com on a unix server and I
              > keep getting emails from merchants using my domainname and then users
              > I do not know .... like ashleys@... does anyone know
              > how this is done and how to stop it ???

              If they broadcast their emails through an open relay SMTP, they can put
              any "From:" address they like in their e-mail.

              Piotr
            • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 12, 2001
                After Bill Scott

                It is too late! I have this problem too, and you notice how the email address changes around
                your own, either the sender or the receiver. All you can do is filter out those that have some
                regular repeat pattern, or likely to, via the email program, and just erase the rest physically
                and without looking. It is a curse, but unlike the rubbish that comes through the door you don't
                even have to look at them. They'll never give up though because it is too easy, but it is a
                waste of their time.

                Adrian Worsfold

                http://www.pluralist.co.uk