Re: [NH] keyboard macros

  • Ron Woodall
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 6, 2001
      Hi All:

      My old program had a key sequence that "turned on" keystroke
      capture. I performed the sequence and the same key sequence turned it off.
      I edited the resulting file to put in logic and other functions. To access
      that macro, all I did was perform the key sequence that macro was stored
      under. i.e. alt+d will store the existing page, clear the screen, and get
      the next file to be worked on.

      I use this structure as a quick and dirty way to duplicate
      keystrokes across thousands of files. It is quick to define and implement,
      provides full functionality and logic and doesn't require my taking my
      hands off of the keyboard to implement. A combination keystroke is much
      faster than taking my hands off the keyboard to click on a library element.

      This is what I define as a keyboard macro. Is this available in
      NoteTab?

      Ron Woodall

      At 01:08 AM 12/6/01 -0600, you wrote:
      >Hi Harvey,
      >
      >So much for typing without thinking, but that does not appear to be the
      >problem Ray is having. :)

      > > > Yup that's a keyboard macro. But, any attempts at getting it to
      > > >work, don't.
      > > >
      > >Hello Ron and Jody,
      > >
      > >I haven't really been following this string closely but, if this is a
      > >NoteTab macro to Open a new document in NoteTab and write to it then the
      > >key combination is wrong. To open a new doc the key combo should be Ctrl+N.
      > >
      > >^!Keyboard ctrl+N #Write in new document#
      > >
      > >Hope it helps.
      > >

      > >hrs
      >

      >Thanks!
      >Jody
      >
      >Clean-Funnies: click and send...
      >mailto:c-f@...?subject=Subscribe

      ---------------------------------------
      Ron Woodall
      nor@...

      The Compendium of HTML Elements

      - available at/disponible à:
    • Don Passenger
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 6, 2001
        My greatest notetab find ... among many ... was the escape key which gives a
        menu and lets you type a clip name so you don't pull off the keyboard.

        --
        Don Passenger
        mailto:dpasseng@...
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 6, 2001
          Hi Ron,

          Your description of a keyboard macro with reordering capabilities
          is a good one, but cannot be done presently. (Eric gave a
          favorable remark some time ago about it for v5 though. Keep the
          fingers crossed.) We can only build Clips with keyboard strokes
          as written text presently. They can be accessed like Don
          mentioned and will work (ESC) even with the Clipbook *hidden*,
          not closed altogether.

          In v5 we will also have customizable keyboard shortcuts so we
          will be able to predefine certain strokes to our Clips. I'm not
          sure about the standard keystroke set, but I think so.

          >My old program had a key sequence that "turned on" keystroke
          >capture. I performed the sequence and the same key sequence
          >turned it off. I edited the resulting file to put in logic and
          >other functions. To access that macro, all I did was perform the
          >key sequence that macro was stored under. i.e. alt+d will store
          >the existing page, clear the screen, and get the next file to be
          >worked on.
          >
          >I use this structure as a quick and dirty way to duplicate
          >keystrokes across thousands of files. It is quick to define and
          >implement, provides full functionality and logic and doesn't
          >require my taking my hands off of the keyboard to implement. A
          >combination keystroke is much faster than taking my hands off the
          >keyboard to click on a library element.
          >
          >This is what I define as a keyboard macro. Is this available in
          >NoteTab?

          http://www.notetab.net

          The NoteTab and Html List...