Re: [NH] keyboard macros

    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 5, 2001
      Hi Ron,

      ><http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.htm>http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.htm <-- has the 3 sections I
      > mentioned in the last post
      ><http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.zip>http://www.notetab.net/zip/clipbar.zip <-- as above in Outline form

      Actually, to download just the Clipbar.otl file you can get it
      w/o all the icons and other stuff in Clipbar.zip. I probably
      should swap the names of both so I don't keep confusing myself. ;)
      I corrected the zip path above also.

      <http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.zip>http://www.notetab<http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.zip>.net/zip/cbarotl.zip

      Happy Clip'n!
      Jody

      http://www.notetab.net

      Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
    • Harvey R. Savage
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 5, 2001
        Ron Woodall wrote:

        >Hi Jody:
        >
        > Thanks for the reply.
        >
        >At 12:43 PM 12/5/01 -0600, you wrote:
        >
        >>It really depends on what you are calling macros. NoteTab uses
        >>the term for the keyboard command such as the following would be
        >>a macro for entering some text into a new document that is made.
        >>
        >>^!Keyboard Alt+N #Write in new document#
        >>

        > Yup that's a keyboard macro. But, any attempts at getting it to
        >work, don't.

        Hello Ron and Jody,

        I haven't really been following this string closely but, if this is a
        NoteTab macro to Open a new document in NoteTab and write to it then the
        key combination is wrong. To open a new doc the key combo should be Ctrl+N.

        ^!Keyboard ctrl+N #Write in new document#

        Hope it helps.

        hrs
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 5, 2001
          Hi Harvey,

          So much for typing without thinking, but that does not appear to be the problem Ray is having. :)

          > >>^!Keyboard Alt+N #Write in new document#
          > >>

          > > Yup that's a keyboard macro. But, any attempts at getting it to
          > >work, don't.
          > >
          >Hello Ron and Jody,
          >
          >I haven't really been following this string closely but, if this is a
          >NoteTab macro to Open a new document in NoteTab and write to it then the
          >key combination is wrong. To open a new doc the key combo should be Ctrl+N.
          >
          >^!Keyboard ctrl+N #Write in new document#
          >
          >Hope it helps.
          >

          >hrs

          Thanks!
          Jody

          Clean-Funnies: click and send...
          mailto:c-f@...?subject=Subscribe
        • Ron Woodall
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 6, 2001
            Hi All:

            My old program had a key sequence that "turned on" keystroke
            capture. I performed the sequence and the same key sequence turned it off.
            I edited the resulting file to put in logic and other functions. To access
            that macro, all I did was perform the key sequence that macro was stored
            under. i.e. alt+d will store the existing page, clear the screen, and get
            the next file to be worked on.

            I use this structure as a quick and dirty way to duplicate
            keystrokes across thousands of files. It is quick to define and implement,
            provides full functionality and logic and doesn't require my taking my
            hands off of the keyboard to implement. A combination keystroke is much
            faster than taking my hands off the keyboard to click on a library element.

            This is what I define as a keyboard macro. Is this available in
            NoteTab?

            Ron Woodall

            At 01:08 AM 12/6/01 -0600, you wrote:
            >Hi Harvey,
            >
            >So much for typing without thinking, but that does not appear to be the
            >problem Ray is having. :)

            > > > Yup that's a keyboard macro. But, any attempts at getting it to
            > > >work, don't.
            > > >
            > >Hello Ron and Jody,
            > >
            > >I haven't really been following this string closely but, if this is a
            > >NoteTab macro to Open a new document in NoteTab and write to it then the
            > >key combination is wrong. To open a new doc the key combo should be Ctrl+N.
            > >
            > >^!Keyboard ctrl+N #Write in new document#
            > >
            > >Hope it helps.
            > >

            > >hrs
            >

            >Thanks!
            >Jody
            >
            >Clean-Funnies: click and send...
            >mailto:c-f@...?subject=Subscribe

            ---------------------------------------
            Ron Woodall
            nor@...

            The Compendium of HTML Elements

            - available at/disponible à:
          • Don Passenger
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 6, 2001
              My greatest notetab find ... among many ... was the escape key which gives a
              menu and lets you type a clip name so you don't pull off the keyboard.

              --
              Don Passenger
              mailto:dpasseng@...
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 6, 2001
                Hi Ron,

                Your description of a keyboard macro with reordering capabilities
                is a good one, but cannot be done presently. (Eric gave a
                favorable remark some time ago about it for v5 though. Keep the
                fingers crossed.) We can only build Clips with keyboard strokes
                as written text presently. They can be accessed like Don
                mentioned and will work (ESC) even with the Clipbook *hidden*,
                not closed altogether.

                In v5 we will also have customizable keyboard shortcuts so we
                will be able to predefine certain strokes to our Clips. I'm not
                sure about the standard keystroke set, but I think so.

                >My old program had a key sequence that "turned on" keystroke
                >capture. I performed the sequence and the same key sequence
                >turned it off. I edited the resulting file to put in logic and
                >other functions. To access that macro, all I did was perform the
                >key sequence that macro was stored under. i.e. alt+d will store
                >the existing page, clear the screen, and get the next file to be
                >worked on.
                >
                >I use this structure as a quick and dirty way to duplicate
                >keystrokes across thousands of files. It is quick to define and
                >implement, provides full functionality and logic and doesn't
                >require my taking my hands off of the keyboard to implement. A
                >combination keystroke is much faster than taking my hands off the
                >keyboard to click on a library element.
                >
                >This is what I define as a keyboard macro. Is this available in
                >NoteTab?

                http://www.notetab.net

                The NoteTab and Html List...