Re: [NH] keyboard macros

  • Ron Woodall
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 5, 2001
      Hi Jody:

      Thanks for the question.

      At 02:54 PM 11/27/01 -0600, you wrote:
      >Hi Ron,
      >
      >You are not giving me enough information to answer a question or
      >help any. Perhaps it would be better if you post what you have
      >and then be more specific about what you are trying to do.

      I can't get keyboard macros to work. I've duplicated your examples
      and they work. I try to create my own and those don't. Is there a
      step-by-step method to create keyboard macros?

      BTW, do you have a port for Linux?

      Thanks for the help.

      Ron Woodall

      ---------------------------------------
      Ron Woodall
      nor@...

      The Compendium of HTML Elements

      - available at/disponible à:
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 5, 2001
        Hi Ron,

        > > You are not giving me enough information to answer a question
        > > or help any. Perhaps it would be better if you post what you
        > > have and then be more specific about what you are trying to do.
        >
        > I can't get keyboard macros to work. I've duplicated your
        >examples and they work. I try to create my own and those don't.
        >Is there a step-by-step method to create keyboard macros?

        It really depends on what you are calling macros. NoteTab uses
        the term for the keyboard command such as the following would be
        a macro for entering some text into a new document that is made.

        ^!Keyboard Alt+N #Write in new document#

        If you are speaking of Clips in general, the read Clip Basics and
        Clip Language - Introduction in Help. The are some short
        information in my Clip Class that goes over making a Library
        (which you should learn first, making a new Clip, and editing a
        Clip. Without you posting some of what you have already we can
        only give you help in a general way.

        You can download my Clip Class from the following link and it
        will walk you through, Getting Started (which is a web page with
        a number of images displaying different parts of NoteTab that
        deals with Clipbooks), making a Library, adding Clips, and
        editing Clips, on to more difficult Clips. Be sure to read the
        Introduction also. Open ClipClass.clb and then click on the
        ClipClass Outline Clip to open the Outline.

        All the contents of the zip files go in NoteTab's Libraries folder.
        http://www.notetab.net/clipclass/clipclass.zip

        The NoteTab ClipClass List
        mailto:ntb-ClipClass-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com

        You can also sign up for the Clips list to get answers to Clip
        questions, but please do not post there concerning the class, but
        rather the ClipClass list mentioned above and in the in the
        ClipClass Outline. NoteTab Clips Subscribe & Edit Options:

        You can also sign up for the Clips list to get answers to Clip
        questions. NoteTab Clips Subscribe & Edit Options:

        http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips

        > BTW, do you have a port for Linux?

        No and at the present time, there are no plans for a Linux version.

        http://www.notetab.net

        The NoteTab and Html List...
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 5, 2001
          Hi Ron,

          I forgot to mention a few more helpful links.

          http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.htm <-- has the 3 sections I
          mentioned in the last post
          http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.zip <-- as above in Outline form

          http://www.notetab.net/clipclass/starting.htm

          Basic HTML Tutorial -- Creating Web Pages with NoteTab
          http://www.bestfoot.com/notetab/html/

          All the contents of the Clip Class zip file go in NoteTab's

          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 5, 2001
            Hi Jody:

            Thanks for the reply.

            At 12:43 PM 12/5/01 -0600, you wrote:

            >It really depends on what you are calling macros. NoteTab uses
            >the term for the keyboard command such as the following would be
            >a macro for entering some text into a new document that is made.
            >
            >^!Keyboard Alt+N #Write in new document#

            Yup that's a keyboard macro. But, any attempts at getting it to
            work, don't.

            >If you are speaking of Clips in general, the read Clip Basics and
            >Clip Language - Introduction in Help. The are some short
            >information in my Clip Class that goes over making a Library
            >(which you should learn first, making a new Clip, and editing a
            >Clip. Without you posting some of what you have already we can
            >only give you help in a general way.
            >
            >You can download my Clip Class from the following link and it
            >will walk you through, Getting Started (which is a web page with
            >a number of images displaying different parts of NoteTab that
            >deals with Clipbooks), making a Library, adding Clips, and
            >editing Clips, on to more difficult Clips. Be sure to read the
            >Introduction also. Open ClipClass.clb and then click on the
            >ClipClass Outline Clip to open the Outline.

            Done that, nothing on keyboard macros. I've sort-of figured out
            clip libraries and use it extensively. I'll refine my knowledge over time
            but I'm in the "quick and dirty" mode at the moment.

            >All the contents of the zip files go in NoteTab's Libraries folder.
            >http://www.notetab.net/clipclass/clipclass.zip

            Done that.

            Thanks for the help. Going to Clip list now.

            Ron Woodall

            ---------------------------------------

            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 5, 2001
              Hi Ron,

              ><http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.htm>http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.htm <-- has the 3 sections I
              > mentioned in the last post
              ><http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.zip>http://www.notetab.net/zip/clipbar.zip <-- as above in Outline form

              Actually, to download just the Clipbar.otl file you can get it
              w/o all the icons and other stuff in Clipbar.zip. I probably
              should swap the names of both so I don't keep confusing myself. ;)
              I corrected the zip path above also.

              <http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.zip>http://www.notetab<http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.zip>.net/zip/cbarotl.zip

              Happy Clip'n!
              Jody

              http://www.notetab.net

              Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
            • Harvey R. Savage
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 5, 2001
                Ron Woodall wrote:

                >Hi Jody:
                >
                > Thanks for the reply.
                >
                >At 12:43 PM 12/5/01 -0600, you wrote:
                >
                >>It really depends on what you are calling macros. NoteTab uses
                >>the term for the keyboard command such as the following would be
                >>a macro for entering some text into a new document that is made.
                >>
                >>^!Keyboard Alt+N #Write in new document#
                >>

                > Yup that's a keyboard macro. But, any attempts at getting it to
                >work, don't.

                Hello Ron and Jody,

                I haven't really been following this string closely but, if this is a
                NoteTab macro to Open a new document in NoteTab and write to it then the
                key combination is wrong. To open a new doc the key combo should be Ctrl+N.

                ^!Keyboard ctrl+N #Write in new document#

                Hope it helps.

                hrs
                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 5, 2001
                  Hi Harvey,

                  So much for typing without thinking, but that does not appear to be the problem Ray is having. :)

                  > >>^!Keyboard Alt+N #Write in new document#
                  > >>

                  > > Yup that's a keyboard macro. But, any attempts at getting it to
                  > >work, don't.
                  > >
                  >Hello Ron and Jody,
                  >
                  >I haven't really been following this string closely but, if this is a
                  >NoteTab macro to Open a new document in NoteTab and write to it then the
                  >key combination is wrong. To open a new doc the key combo should be Ctrl+N.
                  >
                  >^!Keyboard ctrl+N #Write in new document#
                  >
                  >Hope it helps.
                  >

                  >hrs

                  Thanks!
                  Jody

                  Clean-Funnies: click and send...
                  mailto:c-f@...?subject=Subscribe
                • Ron Woodall
                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 6, 2001
                    Hi All:

                    My old program had a key sequence that "turned on" keystroke
                    capture. I performed the sequence and the same key sequence turned it off.
                    I edited the resulting file to put in logic and other functions. To access
                    that macro, all I did was perform the key sequence that macro was stored
                    under. i.e. alt+d will store the existing page, clear the screen, and get
                    the next file to be worked on.

                    I use this structure as a quick and dirty way to duplicate
                    keystrokes across thousands of files. It is quick to define and implement,
                    provides full functionality and logic and doesn't require my taking my
                    hands off of the keyboard to implement. A combination keystroke is much
                    faster than taking my hands off the keyboard to click on a library element.

                    This is what I define as a keyboard macro. Is this available in
                    NoteTab?

                    Ron Woodall

                    At 01:08 AM 12/6/01 -0600, you wrote:
                    >Hi Harvey,
                    >
                    >So much for typing without thinking, but that does not appear to be the
                    >problem Ray is having. :)

                    > > > Yup that's a keyboard macro. But, any attempts at getting it to
                    > > >work, don't.
                    > > >
                    > >Hello Ron and Jody,
                    > >
                    > >I haven't really been following this string closely but, if this is a
                    > >NoteTab macro to Open a new document in NoteTab and write to it then the
                    > >key combination is wrong. To open a new doc the key combo should be Ctrl+N.
                    > >
                    > >^!Keyboard ctrl+N #Write in new document#
                    > >
                    > >Hope it helps.
                    > >

                    > >hrs
                    >

                    >Thanks!
                    >Jody
                    >
                    >Clean-Funnies: click and send...
                    >mailto:c-f@...?subject=Subscribe

                    ---------------------------------------
                    Ron Woodall
                    nor@...

                    The Compendium of HTML Elements

                    - available at/disponible à:
                  • Don Passenger
                    Message 9 of 12 , Dec 6, 2001
                      My greatest notetab find ... among many ... was the escape key which gives a
                      menu and lets you type a clip name so you don't pull off the keyboard.

                      --
                      Don Passenger
                      mailto:dpasseng@...
                      Message 10 of 12 , Dec 6, 2001
                        Hi Ron,

                        Your description of a keyboard macro with reordering capabilities
                        is a good one, but cannot be done presently. (Eric gave a
                        favorable remark some time ago about it for v5 though. Keep the
                        fingers crossed.) We can only build Clips with keyboard strokes
                        as written text presently. They can be accessed like Don
                        mentioned and will work (ESC) even with the Clipbook *hidden*,
                        not closed altogether.

                        In v5 we will also have customizable keyboard shortcuts so we
                        will be able to predefine certain strokes to our Clips. I'm not
                        sure about the standard keystroke set, but I think so.

                        >My old program had a key sequence that "turned on" keystroke
                        >capture. I performed the sequence and the same key sequence
                        >turned it off. I edited the resulting file to put in logic and
                        >other functions. To access that macro, all I did was perform the
                        >key sequence that macro was stored under. i.e. alt+d will store
                        >the existing page, clear the screen, and get the next file to be
                        >worked on.
                        >
                        >I use this structure as a quick and dirty way to duplicate
                        >keystrokes across thousands of files. It is quick to define and
                        >implement, provides full functionality and logic and doesn't
                        >require my taking my hands off of the keyboard to implement. A
                        >combination keystroke is much faster than taking my hands off the
                        >keyboard to click on a library element.
                        >
                        >This is what I define as a keyboard macro. Is this available in
                        >NoteTab?

                        http://www.notetab.net

                        The NoteTab and Html List...