Re: [NH] keyboard macros

    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 27, 2001
      Hi Ron,

      >In short, I've been in the habit of creating quick and dirty
      >keyboard macros that do repetitive processes thousands of times.
      >I need to duplicate this but in a variety of different
      >environments. I've created my own clip library and have a bunch
      >of things running there but I still can't figure out how to get
      >the keyboard macros running. Any suggestions?

      You are not giving me enough information to answer a question or
      help any. Perhaps it would be better if you post what you have
      and then be more specific about what you are trying to do.

      http://www.notetab.net

      The NoteTab and Html List...
    • Ron Woodall
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 5, 2001
        Hi Jody:

        Thanks for the question.

        At 02:54 PM 11/27/01 -0600, you wrote:
        >Hi Ron,
        >
        >You are not giving me enough information to answer a question or
        >help any. Perhaps it would be better if you post what you have
        >and then be more specific about what you are trying to do.

        I can't get keyboard macros to work. I've duplicated your examples
        and they work. I try to create my own and those don't. Is there a
        step-by-step method to create keyboard macros?

        BTW, do you have a port for Linux?

        Thanks for the help.

        Ron Woodall

        ---------------------------------------
        Ron Woodall
        nor@...

        The Compendium of HTML Elements

        - available at/disponible à:
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 5, 2001
          Hi Ron,

          > > You are not giving me enough information to answer a question
          > > or help any. Perhaps it would be better if you post what you
          > > have and then be more specific about what you are trying to do.
          >
          > I can't get keyboard macros to work. I've duplicated your
          >examples and they work. I try to create my own and those don't.
          >Is there a step-by-step method to create keyboard macros?

          It really depends on what you are calling macros. NoteTab uses
          the term for the keyboard command such as the following would be
          a macro for entering some text into a new document that is made.

          ^!Keyboard Alt+N #Write in new document#

          If you are speaking of Clips in general, the read Clip Basics and
          Clip Language - Introduction in Help. The are some short
          information in my Clip Class that goes over making a Library
          (which you should learn first, making a new Clip, and editing a
          Clip. Without you posting some of what you have already we can
          only give you help in a general way.

          You can download my Clip Class from the following link and it
          will walk you through, Getting Started (which is a web page with
          a number of images displaying different parts of NoteTab that
          deals with Clipbooks), making a Library, adding Clips, and
          editing Clips, on to more difficult Clips. Be sure to read the
          Introduction also. Open ClipClass.clb and then click on the
          ClipClass Outline Clip to open the Outline.

          All the contents of the zip files go in NoteTab's Libraries folder.
          http://www.notetab.net/clipclass/clipclass.zip

          The NoteTab ClipClass List
          mailto:ntb-ClipClass-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com

          You can also sign up for the Clips list to get answers to Clip
          questions, but please do not post there concerning the class, but
          rather the ClipClass list mentioned above and in the in the
          ClipClass Outline. NoteTab Clips Subscribe & Edit Options:

          You can also sign up for the Clips list to get answers to Clip
          questions. NoteTab Clips Subscribe & Edit Options:

          http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-clips

          > BTW, do you have a port for Linux?

          No and at the present time, there are no plans for a Linux version.

          http://www.notetab.net

          The NoteTab and Html List...
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 5, 2001
            Hi Ron,

            I forgot to mention a few more helpful links.

            http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.htm <-- has the 3 sections I
            mentioned in the last post
            http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.zip <-- as above in Outline form

            http://www.notetab.net/clipclass/starting.htm

            Basic HTML Tutorial -- Creating Web Pages with NoteTab
            http://www.bestfoot.com/notetab/html/

            All the contents of the Clip Class zip file go in NoteTab's

            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 5, 2001
              Hi Jody:

              Thanks for the reply.

              At 12:43 PM 12/5/01 -0600, you wrote:

              >It really depends on what you are calling macros. NoteTab uses
              >the term for the keyboard command such as the following would be
              >a macro for entering some text into a new document that is made.
              >
              >^!Keyboard Alt+N #Write in new document#

              Yup that's a keyboard macro. But, any attempts at getting it to
              work, don't.

              >If you are speaking of Clips in general, the read Clip Basics and
              >Clip Language - Introduction in Help. The are some short
              >information in my Clip Class that goes over making a Library
              >(which you should learn first, making a new Clip, and editing a
              >Clip. Without you posting some of what you have already we can
              >only give you help in a general way.
              >
              >You can download my Clip Class from the following link and it
              >will walk you through, Getting Started (which is a web page with
              >a number of images displaying different parts of NoteTab that
              >deals with Clipbooks), making a Library, adding Clips, and
              >editing Clips, on to more difficult Clips. Be sure to read the
              >Introduction also. Open ClipClass.clb and then click on the
              >ClipClass Outline Clip to open the Outline.

              Done that, nothing on keyboard macros. I've sort-of figured out
              clip libraries and use it extensively. I'll refine my knowledge over time
              but I'm in the "quick and dirty" mode at the moment.

              >All the contents of the zip files go in NoteTab's Libraries folder.
              >http://www.notetab.net/clipclass/clipclass.zip

              Done that.

              Thanks for the help. Going to Clip list now.

              Ron Woodall

              ---------------------------------------

              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 5, 2001
                Hi Ron,

                ><http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.htm>http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.htm <-- has the 3 sections I
                > mentioned in the last post
                ><http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.zip>http://www.notetab.net/zip/clipbar.zip <-- as above in Outline form

                Actually, to download just the Clipbar.otl file you can get it
                w/o all the icons and other stuff in Clipbar.zip. I probably
                should swap the names of both so I don't keep confusing myself. ;)
                I corrected the zip path above also.

                <http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.zip>http://www.notetab<http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.zip>.net/zip/cbarotl.zip

                Happy Clip'n!
                Jody

                http://www.notetab.net

                Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options
              • Harvey R. Savage
                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 5, 2001
                  Ron Woodall wrote:

                  >Hi Jody:
                  >
                  > Thanks for the reply.
                  >
                  >At 12:43 PM 12/5/01 -0600, you wrote:
                  >
                  >>It really depends on what you are calling macros. NoteTab uses
                  >>the term for the keyboard command such as the following would be
                  >>a macro for entering some text into a new document that is made.
                  >>
                  >>^!Keyboard Alt+N #Write in new document#
                  >>

                  > Yup that's a keyboard macro. But, any attempts at getting it to
                  >work, don't.

                  Hello Ron and Jody,

                  I haven't really been following this string closely but, if this is a
                  NoteTab macro to Open a new document in NoteTab and write to it then the
                  key combination is wrong. To open a new doc the key combo should be Ctrl+N.

                  ^!Keyboard ctrl+N #Write in new document#

                  Hope it helps.

                  hrs
                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 5, 2001
                    Hi Harvey,

                    So much for typing without thinking, but that does not appear to be the problem Ray is having. :)

                    > >>^!Keyboard Alt+N #Write in new document#
                    > >>

                    > > Yup that's a keyboard macro. But, any attempts at getting it to
                    > >work, don't.
                    > >
                    >Hello Ron and Jody,
                    >
                    >I haven't really been following this string closely but, if this is a
                    >NoteTab macro to Open a new document in NoteTab and write to it then the
                    >key combination is wrong. To open a new doc the key combo should be Ctrl+N.
                    >
                    >^!Keyboard ctrl+N #Write in new document#
                    >
                    >Hope it helps.
                    >

                    >hrs

                    Thanks!
                    Jody

                    Clean-Funnies: click and send...
                    mailto:c-f@...?subject=Subscribe
                  • Ron Woodall
                    Message 9 of 12 , Dec 6, 2001
                      Hi All:

                      My old program had a key sequence that "turned on" keystroke
                      capture. I performed the sequence and the same key sequence turned it off.
                      I edited the resulting file to put in logic and other functions. To access
                      that macro, all I did was perform the key sequence that macro was stored
                      under. i.e. alt+d will store the existing page, clear the screen, and get
                      the next file to be worked on.

                      I use this structure as a quick and dirty way to duplicate
                      keystrokes across thousands of files. It is quick to define and implement,
                      provides full functionality and logic and doesn't require my taking my
                      hands off of the keyboard to implement. A combination keystroke is much
                      faster than taking my hands off the keyboard to click on a library element.

                      This is what I define as a keyboard macro. Is this available in
                      NoteTab?

                      Ron Woodall

                      At 01:08 AM 12/6/01 -0600, you wrote:
                      >Hi Harvey,
                      >
                      >So much for typing without thinking, but that does not appear to be the
                      >problem Ray is having. :)

                      > > > Yup that's a keyboard macro. But, any attempts at getting it to
                      > > >work, don't.
                      > > >
                      > >Hello Ron and Jody,
                      > >
                      > >I haven't really been following this string closely but, if this is a
                      > >NoteTab macro to Open a new document in NoteTab and write to it then the
                      > >key combination is wrong. To open a new doc the key combo should be Ctrl+N.
                      > >
                      > >^!Keyboard ctrl+N #Write in new document#
                      > >
                      > >Hope it helps.
                      > >

                      > >hrs
                      >

                      >Thanks!
                      >Jody
                      >
                      >Clean-Funnies: click and send...
                      >mailto:c-f@...?subject=Subscribe

                      ---------------------------------------
                      Ron Woodall
                      nor@...

                      The Compendium of HTML Elements

                      - available at/disponible à:
                    • Don Passenger
                      Message 10 of 12 , Dec 6, 2001
                        My greatest notetab find ... among many ... was the escape key which gives a
                        menu and lets you type a clip name so you don't pull off the keyboard.

                        --
                        Don Passenger
                        mailto:dpasseng@...
                        Message 11 of 12 , Dec 6, 2001
                          Hi Ron,

                          Your description of a keyboard macro with reordering capabilities
                          is a good one, but cannot be done presently. (Eric gave a
                          favorable remark some time ago about it for v5 though. Keep the
                          fingers crossed.) We can only build Clips with keyboard strokes
                          as written text presently. They can be accessed like Don
                          mentioned and will work (ESC) even with the Clipbook *hidden*,
                          not closed altogether.

                          In v5 we will also have customizable keyboard shortcuts so we
                          will be able to predefine certain strokes to our Clips. I'm not
                          sure about the standard keystroke set, but I think so.

                          >My old program had a key sequence that "turned on" keystroke
                          >capture. I performed the sequence and the same key sequence
                          >turned it off. I edited the resulting file to put in logic and
                          >other functions. To access that macro, all I did was perform the
                          >key sequence that macro was stored under. i.e. alt+d will store
                          >the existing page, clear the screen, and get the next file to be
                          >worked on.
                          >
                          >I use this structure as a quick and dirty way to duplicate
                          >keystrokes across thousands of files. It is quick to define and
                          >implement, provides full functionality and logic and doesn't
                          >require my taking my hands off of the keyboard to implement. A
                          >combination keystroke is much faster than taking my hands off the
                          >keyboard to click on a library element.
                          >
                          >This is what I define as a keyboard macro. Is this available in
                          >NoteTab?

                          http://www.notetab.net

                          The NoteTab and Html List...