multiple heads and NoteTab

  • Ron Woodall
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 6, 2001
      Hi All:

      I'm working on a triple-head system (3 monitors) and I'm having a problem
      with NoteTab. Typically, I set NoteTab on the middle of the three monitors.
      When I start NoteTab it always starts on the left monitor when I want it to
      start on the middle one. I always have to move it over. Since startup for
      me is a procedure of starting 6+ programs, this additional step adds to
      startup time. Is Is there a solution to this?

      Thanks for the help.

      Ron Woodall
      ---------------------------------------
      Ron Woodall
      nor@...

      The Compendium of HTML Elements

      - available at/disponible à:
    • Eric G.V. Fookes
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 6, 2001
        Hello Ron,

        > I'm working on a triple-head system (3 monitors) and I'm having a
        > problem
        >with NoteTab. Typically, I set NoteTab on the middle of the three monitors.
        >When I start NoteTab it always starts on the left monitor when I want it to
        >start on the middle one. I always have to move it over. Since startup for
        >me is a procedure of starting 6+ programs, this additional step adds to
        >startup time. Is Is there a solution to this?

        Could you quit NoteTab from your middle monitor and send me a copy of the
        resulting .ini file at <bugs@...>? Hopefully I can find a clue as to
        why this is happening. Thanks.

        Regards,
        Eric G.V. Fookes

      • thefrank
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 6, 2001
          Hi Eric,

          >Hopefully I can find a clue as to why this is happening...

          I am interested in this as well. Pls post solution to list.

          Regards,

          tf
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 6, 2001
            Hi Ron,

            While Eric is looking into your INI file, you might try the
            following and also make sure you have a fairly recent version of
            NoteTab. This is for a single monitor, but I think if you play
            with it, you might get it to work like you want.

            1. Resize and adjust the program window where you want it.
            2. Click on the program icon located on Titlebar (upper left).
            3. Uncheck "Open Centered" if checked.
            4. Click on the program icon again.
            5. Click on "Save Window State" (which does not get a check mark).
            6. Restart NoteTab at this time.

            Tip: You can right click on the Titlebar for the same menu as above
            or press the Alt key and then the spacebar while holding Alt down
            (Alt+Spacebar). Simply pressing Alt alone will collapse the menu
            once opened or clicking in a "non-clickable" area of your screen.

            >I'm working on a triple-head system (3 monitors) and I'm having a
            >problem with NoteTab. Typically, I set NoteTab on the middle of
            >the three monitors. When I start NoteTab it always starts on the
            >left monitor when I want it to start on the middle one. I always
            >have to move it over.

            http://www.notetab.net

            The NoteTab and Html List...
          • Ron Woodall
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 9, 2001
              Hi Eric:

              Recently, we discussed this problem on the newgroup. I have an
              update to the problem.

              When I followed your instructions and sent you the *.ini file,
              somehow it caused the program to move over to monitor #3 where I wanted it.
              However, now, when I have multiple files open for editing, I cannot reorder
              the tabs. I have a specific order that I organize the editor in to work on
              the files and relate them to specific images. This is not possible at the
              moment.

              Next, is it possible to put together a quick perl script that will
              remove, modify and replace _one_ line? I do a lot of little editing bits at
              a time and it is handy to have a keyboard macro/script that will do this.
              Since I'm learning perl and working with it periodically, it would be handy
              to have this capability.

              Thanks for all your help.

              Talk to you soon.

              Ron Woodall

              ---------------------------------------

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 10, 2001
                Hi Ron,

                >When I followed your instructions and sent you the *.ini file,
                >somehow it caused the program to move over to monitor #3 where I
                >wanted it.

                Are you saying the ones I sent about getting everything
                positioned and sized where you wanted it. Next, click on the
                program icon on the Titlebar, then Save Window State, and then
                unchecked open centered.

                >However, now, when I have multiple files open for editing, I
                >cannot reorder the tabs. I have a specific order that I organize
                >the editor in to work on the files and relate them to specific
                >images. This is not possible at the moment.

                Right click over any tab and choose Stack tabs and then Allow
                reordering.

                >Next, is it possible to put together a quick perl script that
                >will remove, modify and replace _one_ line? I do a lot of little
                >editing bits at a time and it is handy to have a keyboard
                >macro/script that will do this. Since I'm learning perl and
                >working with it periodically, it would be handy to have this
                >capability.

                I do not knew if you wanted a three in one clips that may benefit
                you. I don't Perl, but here is a regular Clip:

                ^!Find "Your data" S
                ^!IfError End
                ^!Deleteline

                or

                ^!Find "Your data" S
                ^!Set %Data%=^?{Edit line=^$Selection$}
                Perhaps I or somebody else han do it tomorrow. I'm beat now. nite...

                http://www.notetab.net

                The NoteTab and Html List...