Re: [NH] NoteTab Lite as default html editor

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 6, 2001
      Hi Adam,

      > I would like to make NoteTab the editor that is used when
      > clicking the "Edit" icon or selecting "View Source" in my
      > browser.
      >
      > By adding a registry key and choosing NoteTab as the default
      > HTML editor in "Internet Options", I was able to get the "Edit"
      > icon to open NoteTab, but the file is not displayed. "View
      > Source" still opens Notepad.
      >
      > Has anyone had any luck with this?. I have NoteTab Light,
      > Windows 2000 and MSIE5.0

      You can associate .txt files in NoteTab under View | Options |
      Associations. Look in the Utilities Library under the NoteTab
      Shortcuts section for a Clip that will make NoteTab IE's editor.
      If the Replace MS Notepad does not work, Jim Hall has done some
      thorough testing and came up with a procedure for Win2000. Search
      his name at yahoo group notetab.

      This is from Help, Frequently Asked Questions:

      Can I replace Notepad with this editor?

      Yes! If NoteTab is correctly installed, you will find a command
      called "Replace MS Notepad" under the Help menu. When you choose
      that command, NoteTab will first rename Notepad by adding the
      extension ".MS" to the program file. Then, it will copy a special
      little program called NOTEPAD.STB to the Windows directory and
      rename it NOTEPAD.EXE. Whenever this program is executed, it
      launches NoteTab instead of Notepad. If you want to restore MS
      Notepad after this operation, just use the command "Restore MS
      Notepad", which is also available under the Help menu. Note that
      this feature may not work properly under Windows 2000, XP, and ME,
      due to the Windows File Protection (WFP) monitoring system, which
      checks for changes to system files.

      http://www.notetab.net

      The NoteTab and Html List...