Re: [NH] NoteTab Lite as default html editor

  • Randy Parrish
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 5, 2001
      under Help, select "replace MS Notepad". That will take care of the notepad issue. As for the "Edit" function, I have no idea.

      Randy

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 5, 2001
        Hi Adam
        > I would like to make NoteTab the editor that is used when clicking the
        > "Edit" icon or selecting "View Source" in my browser.

        There was a discussion about this on the [NTO] list: check out these e-mails
        on the subject:
        2535 Re: was ( [NTB] RE: Notetab as IE Editor) Lotta Wed 10/10/2001
        2534 Re: was ( [NTB] RE: Notetab as IE Editor) Alec Burgess Wed
        10/10/2001
        2533 Re: was ( [NTB] RE: Notetab as IE Editor) Lotta Tue 10/9/2001
        2529 Re: was ( [NTB] RE: Notetab as IE Editor) Alec Burgess Sun
        10/7/2001
        2517 Re: was ( [NTB] RE: Notetab as IE Editor) Lotta Sun 10/7/2001
        2515 Re: was ( [NTB] RE: Notetab as IE Editor) Alec Burgess Sun
        10/7/2001
        2511 Re: was ( [NTB] RE: Notetab as IE Editor)

        whether it will force you to subscribe to the [NTO] list in order to browse
        it.)

        Looks like you're 3/4's of the way there - I use the "replace MS notepad
        option" myself but I can't see why it wouldn't be possible to point
        directly at Notetab.

        Regards ... Alec
          under the help menu in notetab is a click for replace notepad or some such
          thing
          that should handle it

          --
          Don Passenger
          mailto:dpasseng@...

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 6, 2001
            Hi Adam,

            > I would like to make NoteTab the editor that is used when
            > clicking the "Edit" icon or selecting "View Source" in my
            > browser.
            >
            > By adding a registry key and choosing NoteTab as the default
            > HTML editor in "Internet Options", I was able to get the "Edit"
            > icon to open NoteTab, but the file is not displayed. "View
            > Source" still opens Notepad.
            >
            > Has anyone had any luck with this?. I have NoteTab Light,
            > Windows 2000 and MSIE5.0

            You can associate .txt files in NoteTab under View | Options |
            Associations. Look in the Utilities Library under the NoteTab
            Shortcuts section for a Clip that will make NoteTab IE's editor.
            If the Replace MS Notepad does not work, Jim Hall has done some
            thorough testing and came up with a procedure for Win2000. Search
            his name at yahoo group notetab.

            This is from Help, Frequently Asked Questions:

            Can I replace Notepad with this editor?

            Yes! If NoteTab is correctly installed, you will find a command
            called "Replace MS Notepad" under the Help menu. When you choose
            that command, NoteTab will first rename Notepad by adding the
            extension ".MS" to the program file. Then, it will copy a special
            little program called NOTEPAD.STB to the Windows directory and
            rename it NOTEPAD.EXE. Whenever this program is executed, it
            launches NoteTab instead of Notepad. If you want to restore MS
            Notepad after this operation, just use the command "Restore MS
            Notepad", which is also available under the Help menu. Note that
            this feature may not work properly under Windows 2000, XP, and ME,
            due to the Windows File Protection (WFP) monitoring system, which
            checks for changes to system files.

            http://www.notetab.net

            The NoteTab and Html List...