NoteTab Lite as default html editor

  • Adam Weston
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 2001
      I would like to make NoteTab the editor that is used when clicking the
      "Edit" icon or selecting "View Source" in my browser.

      By adding a registry key and choosing NoteTab as the default HTML editor in
      "Internet Options", I was able to get the "Edit" icon to open NoteTab, but
      the file is not displayed. "View Source" still opens Notepad.

      Has anyone had any luck with this?. I have NoteTab Light, Windows 2000 and
      MSIE5.0

      .~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.
      : Adam Weston :
      : adam_weston@... :
      `~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

    • Eric G.V. Fookes
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 5, 2001
        Hello Adam,

        >I would like to make NoteTab the editor that is used when clicking the
        >"Edit" icon or selecting "View Source" in my browser.
        >
        >By adding a registry key and choosing NoteTab as the default HTML editor in
        >"Internet Options", I was able to get the "Edit" icon to open NoteTab, but
        >the file is not displayed. "View Source" still opens Notepad.
        >
        >Has anyone had any luck with this?. I have NoteTab Light, Windows 2000 and
        >MSIE5.0

        There is a very simple solution provided by NoteTab. All you need to do is
        activate the Utilities library (by clicking on the corresponding button at
        the bottom of the NoteTab window), and then double-click on the "Add IE
        Default HTML Editor" Clip (you will find it under the "NoteTab Shortcuts"
        section towards the end of the list). That's all you need to do to activate
        the feature.

        Regards,
        Eric G.V. Fookes