newbie Perl scripting

  • Ron Woodall
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 15, 2001
      Hi:

      I'm trying to figure out how to run a script on a NoteTab document. So far
      I've figured out that the content of the document goes to <STDIN> but I've
      not been able to figure out how to write it back to the document. I've
      tried <STDOUT> to no avail. Any suggestions?

      Thanks

      Ron Woodall
    • Piotr Bienkowski
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 15, 2001
        On 15 Oct 2001, at 13:18, Ron Woodall wrote:

        > Hi:
        >
        > I'm trying to figure out how to run a script on a NoteTab document.
        > So far
        > I've figured out that the content of the document goes to <STDIN> but
        > I've not been able to figure out how to write it back to the document.
        > I've tried <STDOUT> to no avail. Any suggestions?

        Hi Ron,

        Just use the print command, i.e.

        print $yourvariable;

        or

        print "$yourvariable\n";

        or any other combination that can be taken by the print command, and
        it will be printed back to your active document (or instead of your
        selected text).

        HTH

        Piotr