Re: [NH] BK Colorcoder

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 30, 2001
      Hi Amitava,

      >I have downloaded BKColorCoder from notetab.net, and it is really
      >useful. According to your instruction there, I have created a
      >shortcut to it in my NoteTab Pro folder. But I can't see how that
      >shortcut can be used from the HTML and HTML-ar libraries which I
      >presume was what you implied. Please let me know if that is
      >correct, and if so how it may be acheived.

      No, it does not work with the HTML[-ar] Libraries. Put the
      program wherever you want. Select bkcoder.exe and copy it
      (Ctrl+C, the copy icon in Windows Explorer, or whatever means you
      want to copy the executable). Go to NoteTab's main folder in
      Windows Explorer (or My Computer whichever method you use), right
      click, and click on Paste as Shortcut. Right click over the new
      shortcut added as bkcoder.exe and click on Rename. Rename the
      shortcut to ColWiz.exe. You will probably need to retart
      NoteTab; do so. Click on the Help menu and you should see HTMLib
      Color Wizard. Click on it to open BKColor Coder. What is
      happening is you are faking NoteTab out so to speak. It thinks
      it is opening HTMLib Color Wizard.

      This is what my shortcut Properties look like; you should have something similar when clicking on the shortcut (ColWiz.exe) you made.

      Target:
      E:\Programs\BKColour\bkcoder.exe

      Start in:
      E:\Programs\BKColour

      If you do not have Steve Hunt's HTMLib HTML Reference installed,
      you can use HTML Help under the Help menu (right above HTMLib
      Color Wizard) you can use the same method above to put some
      there, such as TidyGUI.exe or any other program or reference.
      The shortcut for it Htmlib95.hlp or HTMLib.exe (versions 3 and 4
      of HTMLib Reference respectfully). Here is a post I had in my
      NoteTab Basic mailbox when the NoteTab list was hosted by
      @... and through a series of big fish eats little fish
      is now @yahoogroups.com the worst service we have had since we've
      had the lists. The post below was made by me on 7-22-98 FWIW and
      IMO.

      The name of the shortcuts in the NoteTab folder are:

      For Version 3 HTMLib
      Htmlib95.hlp

      For Version 4 HTMLib
      HTMLib.exe

      That is the last window before selecting OK in the shortcut dialog and
      is also the name of the file that the shortcut must point to.

      For Version 3 HTMLib
      Target: C:\NTB450\HTMLib\Htmlib95.hlp
      Start in: C:\NTB450\HTMLib

      For Version 4 HTMLib
      Target: C:\Program Files\HTMLib.exe
      Start In: C:\Program Files\HTMLib

      http://www.notetab.net

      The NoteTab and Html List...
    • LaurieK
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2001
        These are the same instructions on your website... I do not see the
        indicaiton of this on my help menu and if I try to run the program outside
        of NoteTab on its own, it acts as though its not registered or something.
        All of the options are grayed out. Any thoughts????

        Laurie

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2001
          Hi Laurie,

          >These are the same instructions on your website... I do not see
          >the indicaiton of this on my help menu

          Maybe you have to have both shortcuts in for it to work. You
          definitely will have to restart NoteTab after making both
          shortcuts.

          This is where my programs reside:

          E:\Programs\BKColour\bkcoder.exe
          E:\Programs\HTMLib\Htmlib95.hlp

          This is the two shortcuts in my main NoteTab folder:

          E:\NoteTab Pro\ColWiz.exe
          E:\NoteTab Pro\Htmlib95.hlp

          Old stuff for an example:

          The name of the shortcuts in the NoteTab folder are:
          For Version 3 HTMLib: Htmlib95.hlp
          For Version 4 HTMLib: HTMLib.exe

          For Version 3 HTMLib
          Target: C:\NTB450\HTMLib\Htmlib95.hlp
          Start in: C:\NTB450\HTMLib

          For Version 4 HTMLib
          Target: C:\Program Files\HTMLib.exe
          Start In: C:\Program Files\HTMLib

          >...and if I try to run the program outside of NoteTab on its own,
          >it acts as though its not registered or something. All of the
          >options are grayed out.

          Uncheck the Default box then it can all be changed. That is the
          only thing I do not like about it having to uncheck it every time
          I open it.

          Perhaps you should reply on the Off Topic list if you still have
          problems with the setup. ;)

          Happy Topics,
          Jody

          The NoteTab Off-Topic List
        • LaurieK
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 1, 2001
            Amazing.... that worked!!! But I was able to find the HTML95 lib (3.0) but
            not the 4.0 version, anyone got a link for the 4.0 download? the
            http://www.htmlib.com link seems to be down or gone or something.... its not
            there.

            Thanks in advance....
            Laurie

            > This is the two shortcuts in my main NoteTab folder:
            >
            > E:\NoteTab Pro\ColWiz.exe
            > E:\NoteTab Pro\Htmlib95.hlp
            >
            > Old stuff for an example:
            >
            > The name of the shortcuts in the NoteTab folder are:
            > For Version 3 HTMLib: Htmlib95.hlp
            > For Version 4 HTMLib: HTMLib.exe
            >
            > For Version 3 HTMLib
            > Target: C:\NTB450\HTMLib\Htmlib95.hlp
            > Start in: C:\NTB450\HTMLib
            >
            > For Version 4 HTMLib
            > Target: C:\Program Files\HTMLib.exe
            > Start In: C:\Program Files\HTMLib

            I only had the colwiz one copied but not the shortcut to the hlp file....
            thanks!! NTP now has them on the HELP Menu.

            Laurie
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 1, 2001
              Hi Laurie, Amitava, and Others,

              Yep, it is in Help also: Tips and How to... ;) I've tried to
              compile all that I could into this one post since new links were
              found and old ones dead. Thanks for confirming that you need
              both shortcuts in NoteTab's main folder for it to work Laurie.
              I vaguely remember that from way back when...

              >Amazing.... that worked!!! But I was able to find the HTML95
              >lib (3.0) but not the 4.0 version, anyone got a link for the 4.0
              >download? the http://www.htmlib.com link seems to be down or
              >gone or something.... its not there.

              As a matter of fact, I asked the same question about a week ago
              and Lotta provided a link, the first below. I found another
              site, the ftp, underneath it. While I was out I found some v3
              locations as well. (I don't know what's up with Steven Hunt's
              site: http://www.htmlib.com, the author.)

              From: Lotta <loro@...>
              Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 20:40:52 +0200
              Subject: Re: [NH] Steve Hunt's HTML Reference Library

              Version 4:
              http://www.simpcoms.com/ewd_orig/ewd/downloads/hlbsetup.zip
              ftp://ftp.clara.net/win95/internet/html/hlbsetup.exe

              Version 3:
              The following files are available for download from our FTP server:
              ftp://ftp.digitaldaze.com/pub/ms-windows/html/htmlib9530.zip
              The 'Full' download version of the HTMLib - htmlib9530.zip,
              2,477,239 bytes. This contains all the necessary files for
              installation of the HTMLib, the HTMLib Colour Wizard and the Tips
              'n' Tricks file. These are all tied together in a complete
              installation routine that allows for Custom installations of any,
              or all of the three separate modules.

              The 'Lite' download version of the HTMLib - htmlib9530lite.zip,
              469,954 bytes.
              ftp://ftp.digitaldaze.com/pub/ms-windows/html/htmlib9530lite.zip
              This contains all of the necessary HLP, CNT files and the HTMLib
              Colour Wizard executable files only. There is no installation
              routine. If you have Visual BasicĀ® 4 installed then the Colour
              Wizard will function properly, otherwise you will need to hunt
              down copies of the various support files (most of which are
              installed by other applications), or download the 'Full' download
              archive instead. A complete list of the necessary support files
              is included in the download archive.

              More version 3 - worldwide downloads
              (Looks like Steven Hunt's site mirrored, but with a lot more downloads)
              http://www.arachne.net/htmlib/
              http://www.arachne.net/htmlib/where.html

              Steven Hunt's HTMLib [3|4] Setup.
              (See Tips and How to... in NoteTab's Help also)

              You must have both shortcuts installed to execute from the Help menu:

              HTML Help (Ctrl+F11)
              HTMLib Color Wizard (Shift+Ctrl+O)

              These are the shortcuts in NoteTab's main folder:

              C:\YourPath\NoteTab Pro\ColWiz.exe (Color Wizard)
              C:\YourPath\NoteTab Pro\Htmlib95.hlp (Version 3)
              C:\YourPath\NoteTab Pro\HTMLib.exe (Version 4)

              Old stuff for an example:

              The name of the shortcuts in the NoteTab folder are:
              For Version 3 HTMLib: Htmlib95.hlp
              For Version 4 HTMLib: HTMLib.exe

              For Version 3 HTMLib
              Target: C:\YourPath\NoteTab Pro\HTMLib\Htmlib95.hlp
              Start in: C:\YourPath\NoteTab Pro\HTMLib

              For Version 4 HTMLib
              Target: C:\YourPath\NoteTab Pro\HTMLib.exe
              Start In: C:\YourPath\NoteTab Pro\HTMLib

              Note: You can put any program or file in the shortcuts that you
              want. NoteTab looks for the following shortcut names and then the
              shortcut simply gets executed. So, whatever you have in the
              Target: and Start In: will be what gets executed. If you do not
              have or want HTMLib installed, you can use either one of the
              shortcut names below to start up whatever you wish. You can put
              your favorite color wizard in ColWiz.exe like BK Colour Coder or
              put a shortcut to the weather report in your area if you feel
              like it. ;)

              ColWiz.exe
              HTMLib95.hlp
              HTMLib.exe

              You might want to use something like one of these instead:

              HTML 4.0 Reference
              Downloadable versions of this reference suitable for offline use.
              Offline Versions: http://www.htmlhelp.com/distribution/

              C:\YourPath\NoteTab Pro\Documents\Help\HTML\40Ref in .HLP\INDEX.HLP
              C:\YourPath\NoteTab Pro\Documents\Help\HTML\40Ref in HTML\wdghtml40\index.html

              http://www.notetab.net

              The NoteTab and Html List...