Re: [NH] Re: Two Tables

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 28, 2001
      Dear John, ;)

      >I know the frustration of tables and CSS.. I use both a lot, and
      >after banging my head against the wall for a long time I stumbled
      >across an almost ridiculously easy way to tame them in both IE and
      >Netscape 4.0+...

      I've noticed that <div ...> is quite a good one to use. The only
      "problem" now is trying to get some work around in CSS for
      "border:" in NS4.xx As I mentioned, Lotta got me straight on
      using letters in TABLE.aaa, TABLE.bbb, etc. I spent about 10
      hours trying to get the thing to work and it was because TABLE.1
      (TABLE.plus a number) does not work. I guess it, the numbers,
      are reserved for something else. I think it is time to use a
      javascript to switch over to a regular HTML table for NS4.8 and
      below. Somebody, I think Stephen sent me a script to try, but I
      have not had the time yet..

      >Anyway, here's a snippet of CSS from one of my style sheets..
      >
      >/* DIV IS USED FOR ABOUT US AND PRICING LINKS */
      >.details td {
      >border: 0px solid #000000;
      >font-
      >family: "Verdana", "Arial", "Georgia", "Helvetica", "Times", "Times
      >New Roman", sans-serif, serif;
      >font-size: 11px;
      >color: #000000;
      >background: #e3e0d5}
      >
      >Then in my HTML doc, I enclose one or more tables in between the
      >following tags:

      >The bottom line is I use DIVs a LOT now in my CSS coding,
      >especially for tables....

      http://www.notetab.net

      The NoteTab and Html List...