[NH] Re: To capitalise or not to...

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 21, 1999
      Hi Chris,

      > One thing that bothers me (only a little) is how inconsistent
      > the Note Tab Libraries are. Sometimes the HTML tags are
      > capitals, sometimes not, numbers or values may be in quotes, or
      > not. What is the wisdom on this?

      It is the author's preference. I have a Library around somewhere
      and it might even be on Eric's site. eMail Stipper or something
      like that. I wrote it a long time ago. Any way there are some
      clips that will make tags all upper case or all lower. It was
      made with ver. 4.0 I believe, so I am sure it could be improved
      much. Anyway, you could open the Libraries in question and
      convert them them to the case you prefer. I believe it is best
      to keep all your paths and filenames in lower case though when
      making your actual pages.

      I have not found that if all the attributes are quoted hurts even
      though on some things I see some sort of standard that they are
      not. There is HTML documentation out there for you if you want
      to attempt to make it letter perfect.

      Speaking of letter perfect and the topic. I really need to go
      through my Note Page someday and get all my tags consistant.
      That Library has been building since ver. 3. It might even have
      a few original clips in it. It was my first Library. So, I have
      been adding to it all this time and it depended on what mood I
      was in on some of them what the output would be. Yes, Ni', I do
      have empty attributes. :) My preference for like ALT="" and
      BORDER, but border I usually use BORDER="0". I plan on taking
      BORDER out completely though in image tags since it is so rarely
      used and never by me.

      Personally, I do not like the Libraries that heve the tag name
      like New Paragraph, Center, etc. I use the tag itself. It is
      ugly, but it is a lot easier for me to spot. <P> is a lot eaiser
      for me to see than New Paragraph for some reason, or <P ALIGN=^?,
      or <P ALIGN="just

      I only use a couple dozen tags, tops, and only dozen maybe
      regularly, so what I have in my Note Page is all I need. Most
      the stuff in it is for somebody that doesn't know html or there
      are a lot of specialty things like automated frame makers and
      html to otl, table wizards, etc. They come in real handy for the
      type of work I do.

      > Is there a case for asking Notetabbers as a group to decide on
      > a format?

      Nope, especially since in like the tags themselves both upper and
      lower are legal, then it is a personal preference call. I won't
      tell you how to drink your coffee if you don't tell me how to
      drink mine. :-) I drink it black and strong BTW.

      c ya,
      jody

      I can only please one person a day.
      Today is obviously not your day.
      Tomorrow doesn't look good either. 8?D

      http://www.sureword.com/sojourner/

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-html
    • Nicole Simon
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 21, 1999
        Jody wrote:
        > tell you how to drink your coffee if you don't tell me how to
        > drink mine. :-) I drink it black and strong BTW.

        I like it half mild and half coffee and I like my tags in upper case.
        (I think they are easier to find this way) :o)

        Nicole

        --
        »So, you're searching for alien life forms? Don't you meet
        enough strange people in discussion lists like this one? ;o)«

        eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-html