Re: [NH] txt2html

  • Randy Parrish
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 13, 2001
      I'm starting on Xml.. found a good link for it. Fits right into this group.
      :-).

      http://www.w3schools.com/xhtml/

      There are others:

      http://builder.cnet.com/webbuilding/0-3881-8-7080997-7.html?tag=st.bl.3881-8
      -7080997-6.txt.3881-8-7080997-7

      http://www.xhtml.org/

      Randy

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 13, 2001
        Hi Randy,

        >hmm... good point there, but what about browsers that do not
        >support css? For example, the classic WebTV unit does, althrough
        >the Plus (which my wife uses) does in a limited fashion. Not
        >everyone has the latest browsers. CSS would give those problems.

        I'm the wrong person to ask, because I am not concerned if some
        old worn out browsers (or "minimal" browsers) view my pages the
        way I intended them to look. Those people will get a "plain"
        page and for the most of them that is probably what they want -
        speed. I use a lightweight browser at times with images turned
        off etc. for that very purpose.

        >Wouldn't XML be better?

        I wouldn't know about that at all accept that XHTML is suppose to
        be (along with CSS) the standard along with w3c's latest. Some
        have said, at least the way I took it that this will be the last
        standard. I surely do not agree with that though. What happens
        when a new and faster technology comes out that requires a
        different format for say something like holograms coming out of
        Power Ranger watches for the children at $5.95 each? :-) ...and
        Star Wars watches for us big kids. <g> Boys will have their toys
        and the code will have to be changed along with it. So, I am not
        concerned about using font, blockquote ("illegally"), CSS, XHTML
        the slightest bit. I can certainly understand people making a
        living from building web pages (or the ones that prefer it) need
        to use the latest and greatest code.

        FWIW, this is what I was playing with in my Internet Options
        (which is used for Document to HTML (and with the same Clip):

        <head>
        <title></title>
        <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://www.notetab.net" title="funsheet">
        </head>

        I just changed it to the following and perhaps will add some H1,
        H2, tags in it and maybe some more meta tags. I realize that the
        link to the .css may be easier, but for my purposes it is not - I
        think. <g>

        <head>
        <title></title>
        Body
        {
        font-family : "Times New Roman";
        font-style : normal;
        font-size : 13pt;
        font-weight: bold;
        }
        A:link
        {
        color: #990000;
        }
        A:visited
        {
        color: #0099CC;
        }
        A:hover
        {
        color: #0033FF
        }
        A:active
        {
        color: red;
        }
        {
        text-align: justify;
        margin-left:5em;
        margin-right:5em;
        }
        </head>

        http://www.notetab.net

        The NoteTab and Html List...
      • Lotta
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 13, 2001
          Hello,

          >Not everyone has the latest browsers. CSS
          >would give those problems. Wouldn't XML be better?

          I saw from you other post that you are really referring to XHTML not XML.
          You'll find that with XML you are bound to use CSS for text formatting and
          so on. All presentational HTML tags are cleaned out. Which is kind of the
          purpose. :)

          Lotta
        • Lotta
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 13, 2001
            Hi

            What an improvement. I actually receive some list posts now. Only 5 hours
            delay on this one. Hurray for Yahoo (not).

            Sorry, I made a typo.

            >You'll find that with XML you are bound to use CSS for text formatting and
            Should be ...with XHTML you are....