Re: [NH] txt2html

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 13, 2001
      Hi Randy and Jorm,

      >I hate CSS anyways. :-).

      I've begun to like it, although I only use it for basic tags.
      That is all I used the older regular HTML for as well. I think
      all main browser today support at least the basic CSS, but the
      user can turn it off or define the pages how they want in CSS.

      http://www.notetab.net

      The NoteTab and Html List...
    • Randy Parrish
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 13, 2001
        hmm... good point there, but what about browsers that do not support css?
        For example, the classic WebTV unit does, althrough the Plus (which my wife
        uses) does in a limited fashion. Not everyone has the latest browsers. CSS
        would give those problems. Wouldn't XML be better?

        Randy

        > I've begun to like it, although I only use it for basic tags.
        > That is all I used the older regular HTML for as well. I think
        > all main browser today support at least the basic CSS, but the
        > user can turn it off or define the pages how they want in CSS.
        >
        > Happy HTML'n!
        > Jody
        >
        > http://www.notetab.net
        >
        > The NoteTab and Html List...
        > mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      • Randy Parrish
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 13, 2001
          I'm starting on Xml.. found a good link for it. Fits right into this group.
          :-).

          http://www.w3schools.com/xhtml/

          There are others:

          http://builder.cnet.com/webbuilding/0-3881-8-7080997-7.html?tag=st.bl.3881-8
          -7080997-6.txt.3881-8-7080997-7

          http://www.xhtml.org/

          Randy

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 13, 2001
            Hi Randy,

            >hmm... good point there, but what about browsers that do not
            >support css? For example, the classic WebTV unit does, althrough
            >the Plus (which my wife uses) does in a limited fashion. Not
            >everyone has the latest browsers. CSS would give those problems.

            I'm the wrong person to ask, because I am not concerned if some
            old worn out browsers (or "minimal" browsers) view my pages the
            way I intended them to look. Those people will get a "plain"
            page and for the most of them that is probably what they want -
            speed. I use a lightweight browser at times with images turned
            off etc. for that very purpose.

            >Wouldn't XML be better?

            I wouldn't know about that at all accept that XHTML is suppose to
            be (along with CSS) the standard along with w3c's latest. Some
            have said, at least the way I took it that this will be the last
            standard. I surely do not agree with that though. What happens
            when a new and faster technology comes out that requires a
            different format for say something like holograms coming out of
            Power Ranger watches for the children at $5.95 each? :-) ...and
            Star Wars watches for us big kids. <g> Boys will have their toys
            and the code will have to be changed along with it. So, I am not
            concerned about using font, blockquote ("illegally"), CSS, XHTML
            the slightest bit. I can certainly understand people making a
            living from building web pages (or the ones that prefer it) need
            to use the latest and greatest code.

            FWIW, this is what I was playing with in my Internet Options
            (which is used for Document to HTML (and with the same Clip):

            <head>
            <title></title>
            <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://www.notetab.net" title="funsheet">
            </head>

            I just changed it to the following and perhaps will add some H1,
            H2, tags in it and maybe some more meta tags. I realize that the
            link to the .css may be easier, but for my purposes it is not - I
            think. <g>

            <head>
            <title></title>
            Body
            {
            font-family : "Times New Roman";
            font-style : normal;
            font-size : 13pt;
            font-weight: bold;
            }
            A:link
            {
            color: #990000;
            }
            A:visited
            {
            color: #0099CC;
            }
            A:hover
            {
            color: #0033FF
            }
            A:active
            {
            color: red;
            }
            {
            text-align: justify;
            margin-left:5em;
            margin-right:5em;
            }
            </head>

          • Lotta
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 13, 2001
              Hello,

              >Not everyone has the latest browsers. CSS
              >would give those problems. Wouldn't XML be better?

              I saw from you other post that you are really referring to XHTML not XML.
              You'll find that with XML you are bound to use CSS for text formatting and
              so on. All presentational HTML tags are cleaned out. Which is kind of the
              purpose. :)

              Lotta
            • Lotta
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 13, 2001
                Hi

                What an improvement. I actually receive some list posts now. Only 5 hours
                delay on this one. Hurray for Yahoo (not).

                Sorry, I made a typo.

                >You'll find that with XML you are bound to use CSS for text formatting and
                Should be ...with XHTML you are....