Re[3]: [NH] html2txt

  • andrew
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 23, 2001
      Hello Jody,

      >>(:-p))
      my smilie street smarts are letting me down here..

      J> Oops, I even made almost all the buttons and forgot all about it.
      J> I normally look in HTML-1/2 Library/Clipbar or HTML stuff. ;) I
      J> use my own though, so I don't keep up all the time.

      all credit to you then, NTP is brilliant btw

      J> I tested HTML to Text and the other way around in Pro 4.85a and
      J> they worked as expected just like you thought. I also checked in
      J> Std 4.86 pre-release and thy worked fine there. Did the HTML
      J> file convert for you at all? Lines that do not have <p> and <br>
      J> will be wrapped. <Hx> headings should do a CR/LF I believe -
      J> it's been awhile.

      umm... it works fine now... does exactly what it says on the tin... It
      doesn't seem to have done anything dramatic with <Hx>'s though wasn't
      sure what you meant with cr/lf.

      Thanks anyway.

      --
      Best regards,
      andrew mailto:ukandrewf@...

      http://at.omic.co.uk
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 23, 2001
        Hi Andrew,

        >umm... it works fine now... does exactly what it says on the
        >tin... It doesn't seem to have done anything dramatic with <Hx>'s
        >though wasn't sure what you meant with cr/lf.

        Works fine, lasts a long time (as long as you don't fix it).

        You mentioned that you expected to save your headings.

        <h1>Heading</h1>

        Perhaps if I explain something first. If <p> or <br>, etc, are
        not in the document, the text will be wrapped joining paragraphs
        and lines together. NoteTab attempts to leave the formatting the
        way you see it in the browser. So, it needs correct code in
        order to properly strip the code and present it in a readable
        fashion. I haven't checked the <h1> type tags in a while, but I
        guess the should leave at least a hard line break (CR/LF carriage
        return/linefeed) in the stripped text.

        http://www.notetab.net

        The NoteTab and Html List...
      • andrew
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 24, 2001
          Hello Jody,

          Friday, August 24, 2001, 2:09:29 AM, you wrote:

          > You mentioned that you expected to save your headings.

          J> <h1>Heading</h1>

          J> Perhaps if I explain something first. If <p> or <br>, etc, are
          J> not in the document, the text will be wrapped joining paragraphs
          J> and lines together. NoteTab attempts to leave the formatting the
          J> way you see it in the browser. So, it needs correct code in
          J> order to properly strip the code and present it in a readable
          J> fashion. I haven't checked the <h1> type tags in a while, but I
          J> guess the should leave at least a hard line break (CR/LF carriage
          J> return/linefeed) in the stripped text.

          yeah they did - worked 100% then

          --
          Best regards,