Hi all

  • Randy Parrish
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 23, 2001
      Hi, I'm Randy, I just joined this list. I have a question I hope you can
      help me with here.

      Is there a "indent" feature where the HTML code is indented in NTB? For
      example, say you have coding for tables or a form. Is there a way in NTB to
      indent that to set it apart from everything else so that you can see it
      clearly?

      Randy
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 23, 2001
        Hi Randy,

        >Hi, I'm Randy, I just joined this list. I have a question I hope
        >you can help me with here.
        >
        >Is there a "indent" feature where the HTML code is indented in
        >NTB? For example, say you have coding for tables or a form. Is
        >there a way in NTB to indent that to set it apart from everything
        >else so that you can see it clearly?

        Yes, there is an indent you can set in View | Options | Tools.
        You need to specify the amount of indent under Tools and the
        Type. Select the code and press Ctrl+I. (The tool is on the
        Modify | Lines menu, and you can add it to your Toolbar or
        Shortcut menu if you want - see Options.)

        You can also build your own Clips to indent code for you. Take a
        look at the Table wizards in the HTML Library. I suggest the you
        make your own Library, perhaps a copy of NoteTab's because they
        get changed at times during upgrades.

        If you like the way Tidy does it, you can install Tidy where
        you want and execute it from the Tools menu.

        This is from NoteTab's Help file under "HTML Tidy":

        NoteTab supports HTML Tidy -- a free utility that cleans HTML code
        and fixes errors. Once it is installed, you can invoke it through
        the "Tools|Tidy HTML Code" menu command. HTML Tidy accepts a variety
        of switches to control the way it processes HTML tags. NoteTab will
        try to determine the best switches based on the active document type
        and the HTML Tag option settings. If you want more control over the
        settings, you can create a configuration file for Tidy, which you
        should save in the NoteTab folder with the name Tidy.cfg (see the
        HTML Tidy instructions for details). You can learn more about HTML
        Tidy and download the latest version by visiting the following Web
        page: http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/

        The easiest setup is to copy the Tidy.exe program file to the
        NoteTab folder, but you may place it anywhere else if you prefer.

        http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/#download
        http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy.exe

        http://www.notetab.net

        The NoteTab and Html List...
      • Randy Parrish
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 23, 2001
          Thanks, Jody!

          Randy

          > >Hi, I'm Randy, I just joined this list. I have a question I hope
          > >you can help me with here.
          > >
          > >Is there a "indent" feature where the HTML code is indented in
          > >NTB? For example, say you have coding for tables or a form. Is
          > >there a way in NTB to indent that to set it apart from everything
          > >else so that you can see it clearly?
          >
          > Yes, there is an indent you can set in View | Options | Tools.
          > You need to specify the amount of indent under Tools and the
          > Type. Select the code and press Ctrl+I. (The tool is on the
          > Modify | Lines menu, and you can add it to your Toolbar or
          > Shortcut menu if you want - see Options.)
          >
          > You can also build your own Clips to indent code for you. Take a
          > look at the Table wizards in the HTML Library. I suggest the you
          > make your own Library, perhaps a copy of NoteTab's because they
          > get changed at times during upgrades.
          >
          > If you like the way Tidy does it, you can install Tidy where
          > you want and execute it from the Tools menu.
          >
          > This is from NoteTab's Help file under "HTML Tidy":
          >
          > NoteTab supports HTML Tidy -- a free utility that cleans HTML code
          > and fixes errors. Once it is installed, you can invoke it through
          > the "Tools|Tidy HTML Code" menu command. HTML Tidy accepts a variety
          > of switches to control the way it processes HTML tags. NoteTab will
          > try to determine the best switches based on the active document type
          > and the HTML Tag option settings. If you want more control over the
          > settings, you can create a configuration file for Tidy, which you
          > should save in the NoteTab folder with the name Tidy.cfg (see the
          > HTML Tidy instructions for details). You can learn more about HTML
          > Tidy and download the latest version by visiting the following Web
          > page: http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/
          >
          > The easiest setup is to copy the Tidy.exe program file to the
          > NoteTab folder, but you may place it anywhere else if you prefer.
          >
          > http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/#download
          > http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy.exe
          >
          > Happy HTML'n!
          > Jody
          >
          > http://www.notetab.net
          >
          > The NoteTab and Html List...
          > mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com

        • Randy Parrish
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 23, 2001
            Thanks Stephen. Jody already went thought that with me, but I appreicate the
            insight. I've had this thing almost a year, just starting to learn some of
            the more deeper features. :-). It's fun.

            Randy

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 23, 2001