Re: Tidy weirdness

  • h.paulissen
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 15, 2001
      Hello John,

      You could consider to use the "Office 2000 HTML Filter 2.0" first.
      It strips the original XML document into a more readable/editable
      version.

      http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/Msohtmf2.aspx

      From that page:

      "The Office HTML Filter is a tool you can use to remove
      Office-specific markup tags embedded in Office 2000 documents saved
      as Hypertext Markup Language (HTML). When you create an HTML
      document in Office 2000, Office-specific markup tags are embedded in
      it. These tags help "round-trip" the document for editing purposes.
      For example, if you create the document in Word 2000 and save it as
      HTML, the code embedded in the document allows you to re-open the
      document in Word 2000 and use the same features you originally used
      to create the page.
      Once you have completed editing an HTML document in Word 2000 or
      Excel 2000, you can use the Office HTML Filter to remove the
      Office-specific markup tags from the final copy of the HTML
      document. (...)"

      Regards,

      Hugo Paulissen

    • lee_dennegar@scudder.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 22, 2001
        Hello, All:

        I'm new to the list but couldn't resist putting in my $0.02. I get
        the same weird select-all behavior from Tidy on HTML I've typed
        myself, so I doubt if it's anything to do with W2K.

        Unfortunately, I don't know what causes it, but I know one sure-fire
        cure: reboot! :-P

        Lee Dennegar
        lee_dennegar@...