[NH] Re: Why doesn't Explorer like my HTML?

  • jaguwar@sumrallworks.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 10, 1999
      Hi Robert,

      For the checklist on what does and doesn'T work in CSS, go to
      style.webreview.com. It has a complete listing of all CSS tags and
      which ones work in Opera, Netscape & IE 3,4 and for the Mac.

      As for your coding, I don't see what could be wrong with it. If you've
      uploaded it, I could take a peak at the HTML for you, maybe a fresh eye
      can see the prob.

      HTH!

      Jaguwar
    • obie@gte.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 12, 1999
        > Hi,
        >
        > I'm almost done building my webpage (for my wife actually) using
        NetTab
        > Pro. It looks fine in Netscape, but Explorer thinks it did something
        > wrong with:

        > Robert Thompson

        I had similar problems. I also use Opera Browser along with Netscape
        and IE. For what it's worth, I have passed my pages through a site
        called "Dr HTML" at http://www2.imagiware.com/RxHTML/
        using the free Single Page option to evaluate each page. It does a
        nice job of pointing out violations and gives lots of tabular analysis
        and recommendations for fixing the page. For example, if you have an
        image that is not tagged with size, etc., it even shows what size it as
        a default and you can go back in and set those numbers. It finds tags
        that open and are not closed (e.g. "font size =" with no </font>,
        etc.). It will even check spelling. You can set the options that you
        want checked. Check it out. There is also a site review, but you have
        to subscribe to that.

        Bruce