1 CSS, 3 link decoration colors

  • Luciano
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 20, 2001
      Hi, folks, let me introduce myself for I just joined the list. My
      name is Luciano, I live in Brazil. I'm not a designer, but I've been
      trying hard to learn HTML so that I can build my own site. So far,
      everything is going fine though quite slow, especially because I
      sometimes I get stuck with something and take many hours to get out
      of it.

      Currently, I struggle with the following challenge: suppose I have
      many pages formatted by a single style sheet, called "style1.css". I
      want to decorate every link with some background color, but only when
      the mouse flies over the link, so I am using a:hover {property:
      value} etc. Problem: I want to decorate every http link with a black
      background and every mailto: link with a blue background. Besides, I
      want no decoration at all in any link that is placed inside a table.

      One comment about the tables: I had thought of using SSI, but then
      another problem kicks in: the table is supposed to contain my brand,
      with a link to my Home page, in case someone saves a page on disk and
      it somehow finds its way to someone else's desk. Thus the link to my
      page would be always there, even if the viewer is off-line. So I
      really need no decoration at all in the table, because it would
      definitely clash with the color and general appearance of the table.

      I'd really appreciate any ideas. Thanks in advance,
      Luciano ES
      luc-lists@...
    • Lotta
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 20, 2001
        Hello Luciano,

        Welcome to the list!

        >One comment about the tables: I had thought of using SSI, but then
        >another problem kicks in: the table is supposed to contain my brand,
        >with a link to my Home page, in case someone saves a page on disk and
        >it somehow finds its way to someone else's desk. Thus the link to my
        >page would be always there, even if the viewer is off-line.

        I can't say I'm totally sure of this but as far as I know SSI is no problem
        when saving pages to disk. After all the content is _included_ before the
        pages are served to the browser. If you view source you can see that it's
        there as if it had been written in the html document. Don't trust me on
        this but try it out. I think it will work.