Re: [NH] Any JavaScripters?

  • Wayland_B_Fowler@Raytheon.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 18, 2001
      Thanks Stephen,

      the "var i = 0" worked

      I think everyone should be nice to me, don't you?

      Stephen Riddle
      <stephen@bluene To: ntb-html@yahoogroups.com
      ptune.com> cc:
      Subject: Re: [NH] Any JavaScripters?
      07/18/01 02:41
      Please respond
      to ntb-html

      Hi Wayland,
      I re-formated it so I could see the structure, then noticed you did not
      declare the variable i properly.
      It has something to do with the scope of the variable. I'm not sure why
      it worked called from another script tag versus an event handler. Must
      be the magic of modern technology.

      I noticed it did not work in Microsoft's browser. I re-wrote it to open
      a newWindow and write the information to it. That did not work either,
      as I apparently do not have any plugins in Microsoft at the moment
      (which is weird,because I know there are some there.)
      Anyway, if you'd like the other too, let me know & I'll send you it,
      orif you just feel it might confuse the issue, that's fine too.
      Take care,

      <!-- Hide script from old browsers
      function plugInLoop()

      for (var i = 0; i < navigator.plugins.length; i++)
      document.write(1 + i);
      document.write(". ");
      // End hiding script from older browsers -->

      <INPUT TYPE=BUTTON VALUE="Plugins?" onClick="plugInLoop();">