Re: [NH] Dot Fill

  • Lotta
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 18, 2001
      Good morning Ray,

      >>Come to think of it, that could just as easily be done with Find and
      >>Replace
      >
      >I don't think so. Let's say I use a white background for all odd numbered
      >rows and a gray background for all even numbered rows. Now I remove row two
      >and add a row between the old row 50 and 51. Color reversals will be
      >necessary for new row two through 51 but all others should retain their
      >original color. If more than a few additions and deletions are done in a
      >session, it could become quite tedious.
      >
      >Find and replace, however may do the trick as follows. I could change all
      >background attributes to white ("ffffff"). Then use a Regex to find and
      >replace both instances of bgcolor="ffffff" to bgcolor="D3D3D3" in every even
      >numbered row.

      Ah, I though that you were going to change only one or two names at the time.

      Just a tip for you. Either you do the colors in HTML or CSS you don't need
      to specify them for each cell. Works with rows as well. You get less code
      and the switching becomes easier whatever method you choose.

      I would consider using CSS for both colors and fonts. Not even NS4x
      browsers have problems with this and the code becomes so much cleaner and
      easier to handle. But then I don't know if you want to use CSS.

      Lotta
    • Yehuda Katz
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 18, 2001
        Just a practical thought...
        When I see all the time, brain attributes, bandwidth etc. devoted for this
        dots issue, I wonder if it would not be MUCH simpler to add the dots
        manually. You do it for the whole list only once (maybe 1 hour work for 200
        items), then you can remove any item without hard feelings. Of course, when
        you add a new entry, you will have to add to it those 3-or-so dots.

        Yehuda