RE: [NH] Dot Fill

  • Greg Chapman
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 17, 2001
      Hi Ray,

      > Does anyone know how to specify dot fill for cells in a table in HTML?

      No such attribute exists!

      > The table is borderless by design.

      There's your problem. The designers of HTML expected you to use
      borders/rules if you wanted a "leader" to draw your eye to the right row.
      Any work-around is likely not to be rendered in the way you wish in any
      browser you that you fail to test your file in, so I wouldn't bother
      attempting it! :-(

      Greg
    • Fitzgerald, Raymond
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 18, 2001
        Hi Ray, Lotta,

        >>I like the idea of alternate background colors for successive rows except
        >>that I often add or subtract a name in the table.
        >
        >I guess this could be a
        >job for NTB . Give a certain attribute to every other TR and another one to

        >the rest. Get Jody on it! :)

        I maintain a few pages just like this and they do use CSS. One <tr> is
        class="white" and the other "grey." You're welcome to my clip if you want
        it.

        Cheers,
        Ray