Re: [NH] Dot Fill

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 16, 2001
      Hi Ray,

      I would need a few rows to see exactly what needs to be done in a
      Clip, perhaps the table itself and just leave about 5-10 of the
      rows. Using the Clip code we have: ^$StrFill("Str";Amount)$ and
      the other code needed to align the columns up using a period in
      place of the spaces. You can make some phony addresses and names
      just by adding a few letters hear and there.

      > Does anyone know how to specify dot fill for cells in a table
      > in HTML?
      >
      > I have a two column table. The left column contains user name
      > left-justified. The right column contains user code number
      > also left-justified. The table is borderless by design. The
      > left column is fairly wide to accommodate long names and it
      > would aid the eye if periods or hyphens or some other symbol
      > could be made to fill the cells in the left column. Is there
      > an attribute or other device in standard HTML to do this?

      http://www.notetab.net

      The NoteTab and Html List...
    • Greg Chapman
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 17, 2001
        Hi Ray,

        > Does anyone know how to specify dot fill for cells in a table in HTML?

        No such attribute exists!

        > The table is borderless by design.

        There's your problem. The designers of HTML expected you to use
        borders/rules if you wanted a "leader" to draw your eye to the right row.
        Any work-around is likely not to be rendered in the way you wish in any
        browser you that you fail to test your file in, so I wouldn't bother
        attempting it! :-(

        Greg
      • Fitzgerald, Raymond
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 18, 2001
          Hi Ray, Lotta,

          >>I like the idea of alternate background colors for successive rows except
          >>that I often add or subtract a name in the table.
          >
          >I guess this could be a
          >job for NTB . Give a certain attribute to every other TR and another one to

          >the rest. Get Jody on it! :)

          I maintain a few pages just like this and they do use CSS. One <tr> is
          class="white" and the other "grey." You're welcome to my clip if you want
          it.

          Cheers,
          Ray