Re: [NH] HTML 4.0 DTD

  • Henry Strobel
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 17, 2001
      Hello, everyone,

      Not sure how this list works,so this will serve as a test as well as to
      make some comments. I recently converted to XHTML, which seems very
      practical; it gives good validated code without having to go to style
      sheets. Here is an excellent clear introduction - XHTML: The Clean Code
      Solution:
      http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/network/2000/04/28/feature/xhtml_rev.html

      I also wanted to say how much I like NoteTab Pro, which is now my only
      html editor. The integrated HTML Tidy is essential, but the
      customizability is superb. In a short time I tailored it exactly to my
      needs. I ended up with a pretty clean screen, only a single composite
      custom clipbook and a single custom clipbar, which I often don't even
      display, since the right click shortcut menu is so conveniently available,
      and the escape-find-clips function is so fast. I had previously used Hippie
      98, 1st Page 2000, and HTML-Kit, all of which use the internal (IE) browser
      component for split screen display. Even so NoteTab is overall more
      convenient for me , and I use Opera and Netscape for "view in -" and do not
      even use IE. Access to other external programs such as WDG's "A Real
      Validator" and Batch Thumbs V.1.3 (free) is via the clipbook.

      Henry Strobel

      At 03:36 PM 6/17/01 +0000, tf wrote:
      >Hello All,
      >I found this link, a straightforward presentation of the HTML 4.0 DTD
      >http://nwalsh.com/perl/dtdparse/html40/index.html

      <Books@...>
      http://www.HenryStrobel.com
    • Don Passenger
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 17, 2001
        escape-find-clips function

        DANG! another great feature I had yet to find.
        I think we need to have Eric start a feature of the week or something.

        Three years into this program it never ceases to suprise me.
        It appears that the little clip search box comes up by pushing escape,
        searchs on text input, and goes away when one pushes escape or chooses an
        entry.

        It also appears to only work for the active library.

        I used to always put my cursor in the clip library and type iiii until I
        finally got to image. This will be faster indeed. Thanks to Henry for this
        one!
      • thefrank
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 17, 2001
          Hi Don,

          > escape-find-clips function

          This was news to me as well. Pretty slick!

          (now if I could just build a clip that would mow my lawn....)

          regards,

          tf