HTML 4.0 DTD

  • thefrank
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 17, 2001
      Hello All,

      I found this link, a straightforward presentation of the HTML 4.0 DTD

      http://nwalsh.com/perl/dtdparse/html40/index.html

      Regards,

      tf
    • Henry Strobel
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 17, 2001
        Hello, everyone,

        Not sure how this list works,so this will serve as a test as well as to
        make some comments. I recently converted to XHTML, which seems very
        practical; it gives good validated code without having to go to style
        sheets. Here is an excellent clear introduction - XHTML: The Clean Code
        Solution:
        http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/network/2000/04/28/feature/xhtml_rev.html

        I also wanted to say how much I like NoteTab Pro, which is now my only
        html editor. The integrated HTML Tidy is essential, but the
        customizability is superb. In a short time I tailored it exactly to my
        needs. I ended up with a pretty clean screen, only a single composite
        custom clipbook and a single custom clipbar, which I often don't even
        display, since the right click shortcut menu is so conveniently available,
        and the escape-find-clips function is so fast. I had previously used Hippie
        98, 1st Page 2000, and HTML-Kit, all of which use the internal (IE) browser
        component for split screen display. Even so NoteTab is overall more
        convenient for me , and I use Opera and Netscape for "view in -" and do not
        even use IE. Access to other external programs such as WDG's "A Real
        Validator" and Batch Thumbs V.1.3 (free) is via the clipbook.

        Henry Strobel

        At 03:36 PM 6/17/01 +0000, tf wrote:
        >Hello All,
        >I found this link, a straightforward presentation of the HTML 4.0 DTD
        >http://nwalsh.com/perl/dtdparse/html40/index.html

        <Books@...>
        http://www.HenryStrobel.com
      • Don Passenger
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 17, 2001
          escape-find-clips function

          DANG! another great feature I had yet to find.
          I think we need to have Eric start a feature of the week or something.

          Three years into this program it never ceases to suprise me.
          It appears that the little clip search box comes up by pushing escape,
          searchs on text input, and goes away when one pushes escape or chooses an
          entry.

          It also appears to only work for the active library.

          I used to always put my cursor in the clip library and type iiii until I
          finally got to image. This will be faster indeed. Thanks to Henry for this
          one!
        • thefrank
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 17, 2001
            Hi Don,

            > escape-find-clips function

            This was news to me as well. Pretty slick!

            (now if I could just build a clip that would mow my lawn....)

            regards,

            tf