Re: [NH] TopStyle

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 5 2:53 PM
      Hi Greg and All,

      Are you saying that if we already have v2.10 Pro, that you think
      the Lite version adds more to the Help file? If so, we need to let
      Nick Bradbury know so he can update the Pro version.

      >This may not help those of you are who not based in the UK, but I
      >see that PC PLUS (#178 July 2001) magazine includes TopStyle v1.5
      >on its cover mounted CD-ROM/DVD.
      >
      >This is not the Lite version but the full commercial release.
      >I've "downgraded" from TopStyle Lite v2.0 and find its additional
      >facilities most useful.
      >
      >The hints in the Lite version's help file about the additional
      >facilities in the full commercial version didn't do it justice!

      http://www.notetab.net

      The NoteTab and Html List...
    • Greg Chapman
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 6 8:19 AM
        Hi Jody,

        > Are you saying that if we already have v2.10 Pro, that you think
        > the Lite version adds more to the Help file? If so, we need to let
        > Nick Bradbury know so he can update the Pro version.

        No! I'm saying that the help file in the Lite versions of Topstyle is very
        thin compared with that in v1.5Pro (and presumably later Pro versions).

        Further, I'm saying that I hadn't fully appreciated how useful the extra
        features of the pro versions were. They were mentioned in the Lite
        helpfiles. It's just that I hadn't got my head round the impact of them,
        simply be reading the helpfile.

        Me being dim, I guess!

        Greg
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 6 9:52 AM
          Hi Greg,

          Thanks for clearing it up. ;)

          >> Are you saying that if we already have v2.10 Pro, that you
          >> think the Lite version adds more to the Help file? If so, we
          >> need to let Nick Bradbury know so he can update the Pro version.
          >
          >No! I'm saying that the help file in the Lite versions of
          >Topstyle is very thin compared with that in v1.5Pro (and
          >presumably later Pro versions).
          >
          >Further, I'm saying that I hadn't fully appreciated how useful
          >the extra features of the pro versions were. They were mentioned
          >in the Lite helpfiles. It's just that I hadn't got my head round
          >the impact of them, simply be reading the helpfile.
          >
          >Me being dim, I guess!
          >
          >Greg

          http://www.notetab.net

          The NoteTab and Html List...
        • Rudolf Horbas
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 7 4:33 AM
            Hi Greg,

            > Sorry if this sounds like a publisher's plug.
            >I'm just a regular buyer of the mad.

            Yes, I like the MAD magazine, too :-)))

            SCNR,

            Rudi