Re: [NH] "Grabber" for linked documents on a local harddisk?

  • axel.friedrich@operamail.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 5, 2001

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 5, 2001
        Hi Lotta, hi all,

        hopefully nobody has to get angry about this slite "offtopic".

        At least the following programs could be worth checking them as
        web-grabber:

        - sitesnag 1.2
        - Info: http://www.zdnet.com/pcmag/pctech/content/
        17/04/ut1704.001.html
        - Download: http://hotfiles.zdnet.com/cgi-bin/texi
        s/swlib/hotfiles_zdnet/info.html?fcode=000P7Z&b=pcm
        - zip=280KB
        - freeware or almost freeware (read lisence)
        - I have used this several times and it did a good job for me.

        - WebsiteExtractor
        - 400KB
        - http://www.webmasterfree.com/websiteextractor.html
        - freeware
        - I found the following note of mine: "could be good". Maybe it is
        quite fast, maybe faster than sitesnag

        - HTTrack
        - 1394 KB
        - http://www.httrack.com/page0.php3
        - freeware
        - I read of it and it sounded good
        - Works as a command-line programm, so maybe you could manage it from
        whithin notetab

        I checked a lot of others (about 20 to 30). First check was if I
        could grab local disk. When realizing that they couldn't do this job
        I uninstalled them...

        Regards

        Axel

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 5, 2001
          Oh oh oh, sorry on this multiple posts. I got errormessages and tried
          it again...