Re: [NH] "Grabber" for linked documents on a local harddisk?

  • axel.friedrich@operamail.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 5, 2001

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 5, 2001

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 5, 2001

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 5, 2001
            Hi Lotta, hi all,

            hopefully nobody has to get angry about this slite "offtopic".

            At least the following programs could be worth checking them as
            web-grabber:

            - sitesnag 1.2
            - Info: http://www.zdnet.com/pcmag/pctech/content/
            17/04/ut1704.001.html
            - Download: http://hotfiles.zdnet.com/cgi-bin/texi
            s/swlib/hotfiles_zdnet/info.html?fcode=000P7Z&b=pcm
            - zip=280KB
            - freeware or almost freeware (read lisence)
            - I have used this several times and it did a good job for me.

            - WebsiteExtractor
            - 400KB
            - http://www.webmasterfree.com/websiteextractor.html
            - freeware
            - I found the following note of mine: "could be good". Maybe it is
            quite fast, maybe faster than sitesnag

            - HTTrack
            - 1394 KB
            - http://www.httrack.com/page0.php3
            - freeware
            - I read of it and it sounded good
            - Works as a command-line programm, so maybe you could manage it from
            whithin notetab

            I checked a lot of others (about 20 to 30). First check was if I
            could grab local disk. When realizing that they couldn't do this job
            I uninstalled them...

            Regards

            Axel

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 5, 2001
              Oh oh oh, sorry on this multiple posts. I got errormessages and tried
              it again...