Re: [NH] "Grabber" for linked documents on a local harddisk?

  • Lotta
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 4, 2001
      Axel,

      >I found several good tools doing this on the web, but non doing this on
      >local drives.

      Would you mind posting the links to a couple of those? The ones I've found
      have been bloated/and or complicated. I would have use for something small
      and neat.

      Thanks,
      Lotta
    • axel.friedrich@operamail.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 5, 2001
        Hi Lotta, hi all,

        hopefully nobody has to get angry about this little "offtopic".

        At least the following programs could be worth checking them as web-grabber:

        - sitesnag 1.2
        - Info: http://www.zdnet.com/pcmag/pctech/content/17/04/ut1704.001.html
        - Download: http://hotfiles.zdnet.com/cgi-bin/texis/swlib/hotfiles_zdnet/info.html?fcode=000P7Z&b=pcm
        - zip=280KB
        - freeware or almost freeware (read lisence)
        - I have used this several times and it did a good job for me.

        - WebsiteExtractor
        - 400KB
        - http://www.webmasterfree.com/websiteextractor.html
        - freeware
        - I found the following note of mine: "could be good". Maybe it is quite fast, maybe faster than sitesnag

        - HTTrack
        - 1394 KB
        - http://www.httrack.com/page0.php3
        - freeware
        - I read of it and it sounded good
        - Works as a command-line programm, so maybe you could manage it from whithin notetab

        I checked a lot of others (about 20 to 30). First check was if I could grab local disk. When realizing that they couldn't do this job I uninstalled them...

        Regards

        Axel

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 5, 2001

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 5, 2001

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 5, 2001

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 5, 2001
                Hi Lotta, hi all,

                hopefully nobody has to get angry about this slite "offtopic".

                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 5, 2001
                  Oh oh oh, sorry on this multiple posts. I got errormessages and tried
                  it again...