[NH] Re: web page makers

  • pierre@spersaoaxaca.com.mx
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 4, 1999
      Hi,

      I'm brand new to this list. But the discussion around HTML and the Web
      is one of the only themes around computing which fascinates me (well,
      Note Tab also). Kevin answer to this naive questinon giving a list of
      HTML editors:

      > 1. NoteTab Pro
      > 2. Dreamweaver
      > 3. Homesite 4.0
      > 4. Drumbeat
      > 5. FrontPage 98/2000

      Since this is a Note Tab discussion list , I'll make the following
      observation :
      Why don't I ever see Note Tab Standard mentionned in this discussion?
      NT Pro and Std both have their pros and contras. NT Pro highlights HTML
      tags, but I found NT Std was more powerful to edit text. When will
      there be a merge of both? I personnally use NT Std on the job, and it
      does it well.

      Pierre
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 5, 1999
        Hi Pierre,

        > Since this is a Note Tab discussion list , I'll make the
        > following observation :

        It is really for the discussion of html in conjunction with
        NoteTab, but it is a small list so there is more liberty on it
        for us to bend the rules a bit. :) Please still keep deleting
        unneeded text in replies and no attachments - thanks!

        > Why don't I ever see Note Tab Standard mentionned in this
        > discussion?

        I suppose most people prefer Pro over Standard. I know I do many
        times over.

        > NT Pro and Std both have their pros and contras. NT Pro
        > highlights HTML tags, but I found NT Std was more powerful to
        > edit text.

        I think Standard has some features that pleases many, but I do
        not personally need them. I find Pro better for editing text
        over Std myself. It's all what one prefers. Both are
        outstanding programs though on which I believe we can agree!-)

        > When will there be a merge of both?

        The upcoming Gold version will merge a lot of things, but those
        of us who favor Pro for its speed will loose that and perhaps
        some more things as well. I am hoping to see the Gold by
        Christmas.

        > I personnally use NT Std on the job, and it does it well.

        Glad to hear it pleases you.

        The NoteTab and Html List...
        mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...