NTP v.4.85 and McAfee

  • Wayland_B_Fowler@Raytheon.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2001
      Eric,

      Sorry to revisit an old subject. I received the e-mailing you sent,
      "Upgrade instructions from Fookes Software", but it did not look like it
      was sent to the egroups. Anyway, my question is this, is there still a
      problem with the McAfee virus detection? If so, I seem to have lost the
      link you issued, to get their patch to fix this. Could you send that
      again?

      Thanks and Regards,

      Wayland
      I think everyone should be nice to me, don't you?
    • Eric G.V. Fookes
      Message 2 of 2 , May 31, 2001
        Hi Wayland,

        >Sorry to revisit an old subject. I received the e-mailing you sent,
        >"Upgrade instructions from Fookes Software", but it did not look like it
        >was sent to the egroups. Anyway, my question is this, is there still a
        >problem with the McAfee virus detection? If so, I seem to have lost the
        >link you issued, to get their patch to fix this. Could you send that
        >again?

        This problem was fixed by McAfee in newer versions of their virus data
        files. If you have a fairly recent version of the McAfee DAT files, you
        won't need the patch.

        Regards,
        Eric G.V. Fookes