Re: [NH] CSS filters

  • Stephen
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 30 11:06 PM
      Good Evening Lotta,
      (least that's what it is here)
      I think Grant means that no, Netscape probably won't do thd CSS filter
      thing, and the W3C is probably not going to even think about it.
      I had not heard of them, but figured they are similiar to the IE
      transitions that were big about a year ago. (Kind of cool but kind of
      disgusting too is my not too humble opinion)
      In the CSS2 stantard there is a text-shadow property. I've tried it on
      every browser and does not look like anyone supports it, not Explorer,
      not Netscape 6, not Opera and not Lynx 8-}
      (just had to voice something on this trhead)
      Stephen
      Lotta wrote:

      > Hi Grant,
      >
      > Sorry, was that re my question? You have lost me.
    • Grant
      Message 2 of 13 , May 1, 2001
        > Sorry, was that re my question? You have lost me. As far as I know the
        > whole CSS concept is about presentation and all of it can be left out
        > without altering the structural intent. What's your point? I don't follow.

        Yeah I don't follow myself sometimes. It was just a small rave.
        I think I'm better at solving problems than explaining things.;)

        Anyways
        I've just built a webified version of the checkLinks library I posted
        earlier.
        http://www.markup.co.nz/validate/checkLinks.htm

        Unlike the notetab library version you have to make an a security adjustment
        to allow data access across domains for it to work.
        It also relies on a regular expression to extract the http links from
        fetched entered url text instead of the method used in library.
        Tested on ie5.5+ although should work in ns6+ when support for request
        object is built in as it is in the latest moz builds
        If it seems to hang , just wait around a little and the results will pop up.
        I checked on a page with about 42 http linked and it took about 3 minutes on
        my slow connection.

        It works by instantiating the httpRquest object
        Fetching the html text of the url entered.
        Uses reg exp to extract URLs and puts regExp results into result array.
        Each URL in array is then requested using http request then the url with the
        response status text is written into the report box.

        All this is done on the client with no server side script.
      • Lotta
        Message 3 of 13 , May 1, 2001
          Hi Grant,

          > Yeah I don't follow myself sometimes. It was just a small rave.

          I see. The fact that someone could like something not yet implemented in
          the standard got you going, huh? <g>
          *hint* Me neither likes the glowing edges . But I do like the alpha and
          maybe one or two more.