RE: [NH] CSS filters

  • Lotta
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 30, 2001
      Hi Grant,

      Sorry, was that re my question? You have lost me. As far as I know the
      whole CSS concept is about presentation and all of it can be left out
      without altering the structural intent. What's your point? I don't follow.

      Lotta
    • Stephen
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 30, 2001
        Good Evening Lotta,
        (least that's what it is here)
        I think Grant means that no, Netscape probably won't do thd CSS filter
        thing, and the W3C is probably not going to even think about it.
        I had not heard of them, but figured they are similiar to the IE
        transitions that were big about a year ago. (Kind of cool but kind of
        disgusting too is my not too humble opinion)
        In the CSS2 stantard there is a text-shadow property. I've tried it on
        every browser and does not look like anyone supports it, not Explorer,
        not Netscape 6, not Opera and not Lynx 8-}
        (just had to voice something on this trhead)
        Stephen
        Lotta wrote:

        > Hi Grant,
        >
        > Sorry, was that re my question? You have lost me.
      • Grant
        Message 3 of 13 , May 1, 2001
          > Sorry, was that re my question? You have lost me. As far as I know the
          > whole CSS concept is about presentation and all of it can be left out
          > without altering the structural intent. What's your point? I don't follow.

          Yeah I don't follow myself sometimes. It was just a small rave.
          I think I'm better at solving problems than explaining things.;)

          Anyways
          I've just built a webified version of the checkLinks library I posted
          earlier.
          http://www.markup.co.nz/validate/checkLinks.htm

          Unlike the notetab library version you have to make an a security adjustment
          to allow data access across domains for it to work.
          It also relies on a regular expression to extract the http links from
          fetched entered url text instead of the method used in library.
          Tested on ie5.5+ although should work in ns6+ when support for request
          object is built in as it is in the latest moz builds
          If it seems to hang , just wait around a little and the results will pop up.
          I checked on a page with about 42 http linked and it took about 3 minutes on
          my slow connection.

          It works by instantiating the httpRquest object
          Fetching the html text of the url entered.
          Uses reg exp to extract URLs and puts regExp results into result array.
          Each URL in array is then requested using http request then the url with the
          response status text is written into the report box.

          All this is done on the client with no server side script.
        • Lotta
          Message 4 of 13 , May 1, 2001
            Hi Grant,

            > Yeah I don't follow myself sometimes. It was just a small rave.

            I see. The fact that someone could like something not yet implemented in
            the standard got you going, huh? <g>
            *hint* Me neither likes the glowing edges . But I do like the alpha and
            maybe one or two more.