Re: Web Page Music

  • thefrank
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 9, 2001
      Hi Wayland,

      There are some cross-browser code issues involved, and a choice of
      filetypes for sound. Try:

      http://tips-tricks.com/sound.asp
      A good beginning explaination with links to more detail

      Regards,

      tf
    • Grant
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 22, 2001
        Here is a handy utility to overcome the ever present webmasters nightmare
        'link rot'
        www.markup.co.nz/validate/checkLinks.zip
        Contains a single clb file add to library folder in Notetabs application
        pathway.

        It works on two levels
        1; It is a simple link checker which first verifies if relative anchor links
        are contained in a baseDir root.
        2;It then verifies http anchor links.
        It instantiates the ms httpRequest object to GET the response text for the
        requested URL. This of course requires you to be connected to the net as it
        sends http requests. This request process works quite fast even on my slow
        connection for you are not loading the requested page but just fetching the
        servers response header.

        It works with an html document opened in Notetab and requires ie5 installed
        and wsh enabled Which it should be by default unless you have purposely
        disabled it.)

        I have found the link checker works quite well. And have been quite
        surprised how many of my http links have link rot.
        Try it on your html links page.

        Let me now what you think and what improvement can be made.
        contact at.
        grant@...

        When I've got time l will the make the linkChecker weave through a site from
        the default page at the baseDir and find orphaned files, report on things
        like file size, lastupdated and any thing else I think might be helpful.