Web Page Music

  • Wayland_B_Fowler@Raytheon.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 9, 2001
      Hello HTML Group,

      I have not seen many posts to this group in a while. Are we still going?

      Anyway, I have seen a few web pages lately that will play a music file as
      soon as the page loads up. Does anyone in this group know how to do this?
      Does anyone, perhaps, have an example piece of code they could share for
      this?

      Regards,

      Wayland Fowler
      (281) 280-4446
      I think everyone should be nice to me, don't you?
    • thefrank
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 9, 2001
        Hi Wayland,

        There are some cross-browser code issues involved, and a choice of
        filetypes for sound. Try:

        http://tips-tricks.com/sound.asp
        A good beginning explaination with links to more detail

        Regards,

        tf
      • Grant
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 22, 2001
          Here is a handy utility to overcome the ever present webmasters nightmare
          'link rot'
          www.markup.co.nz/validate/checkLinks.zip
          Contains a single clb file add to library folder in Notetabs application
          pathway.

          It works on two levels
          1; It is a simple link checker which first verifies if relative anchor links
          are contained in a baseDir root.
          2;It then verifies http anchor links.
          It instantiates the ms httpRequest object to GET the response text for the
          requested URL. This of course requires you to be connected to the net as it
          sends http requests. This request process works quite fast even on my slow
          connection for you are not loading the requested page but just fetching the
          servers response header.

          It works with an html document opened in Notetab and requires ie5 installed
          and wsh enabled Which it should be by default unless you have purposely
          disabled it.)

          I have found the link checker works quite well. And have been quite
          surprised how many of my http links have link rot.
          Try it on your html links page.

          Let me now what you think and what improvement can be made.
          contact at.
          grant@...

          When I've got time l will the make the linkChecker weave through a site from
          the default page at the baseDir and find orphaned files, report on things
          like file size, lastupdated and any thing else I think might be helpful.